Dream Lab: Can fantasy-books help you LD?

I just found this, it’s pretty interesting. Dream Lab has asked 10.000 people in libraries all over the nation, about their dreams, and what type of books they read etc. The first thing i saw, whas that 58% of the adults have had a lucid dream :eek: !
It also showed that children who reads fantasy, is more likely to have lucid dreams, and that horror books (of course) makes them have three times as many nightmares as other children.
There’s also a lot of other information, like how books can affect recall and such.
You can find the results here: frontiers4libraries.org.uk/dreamlab

Hmmm…again im different,doh:(.I read fantasy books,read horrors,watch horror movies and still i would dream just bout the flowers.Cant get one nightmare even wanting it really badly.
Similar thing applies to lds.I havent noticed im ahead of others when it comes to that:(

The results could also be interpreted the other way around.

Not: Readers of fiction had more bizarre dreams (i.e. impossible or unlikely things occurring in the dream) and more emotionally intense dreams than people who don’t read fiction.

But: People who have more bizarre and emotionally intense dreams are more likely to read fiction. And this is a completely different viewpoint.

It seems like many scientists nowadays interpret the numbers and results the way they like to see it. Very biased, msybe because they want their original hypothesis to seem like the truth :bored:
But in this case either one interpretation could be true.

Just my 2 cents :wink:

hmmm i read as a kid always marvel super hero’s and indeed in my dreams as a kid i was once chased and thought of trying the trick of vision of the avengers…changing your mass density so u can walk through walls…And i must say later in my dreams it has been very very often been my dream rc to get lucid…but i dont dare to say that fantasy readers are more often lucid then not fantasy readers…