Dream Time

Yeah…thing is theres no such a thing like TIME,theres only a perception of time.Easy to see for yourself trying to survive 45mins long lecture and 45mins computer play to compare.
So we dont really need or can to change the time,its allways gonna be just our perception.
Hmm…how to do it…im not sure…for some "stop time now"command worked fine.But so far there were two most efficient methods- first is staying calm and try not to wake too many emotions in a dream.I.e by going for sex.
Second is trying to forget about the thought that it CAN end.I guess thinking this dream will never end can work-backhead thoughts usually tend to show up in dreams,so going"oh my god i must use the time or it will end soon"is a wrong approach.
Take care

hey how old is this post it has the old me on it lol hello me damn that eyes looks good i might grap that again oh and as i said b 4, stoping time in your dream doesnt seem to work, but who knows maybe you speed up ur brain to a level where it seems like every thing else has stopped, stephen laburge never asked them to try and stop time they just where asked to messuer it

Richard

There is a practice called time distortion. It involves a metrenome and some meditation. Some musicians do it so they “have more time” to concentrate on the piece they’re playing.
I’ve never done it, but it could be related to how people slow down time in their dreams.

i’m not sure it sounds possible personally, to squeeze 5 years into 2 hours imagine how quickly the brain would have to work…

But thats the thing, the brain isn’t necessarily working any faster, your perception is just a little differently orientated.

Hey Everyone,

I am not convinced that dreamtime flows in the same way normal time does. That’s because time does not exist.
People made up time, it doesn’t really exist. Some nerd in the middle ages tookthe time the earth travels around the earth, and called it a year. Divided into 12 units he called months, etc, etc.

So time isn’t born natural, so it doesn’t affect the mind in any way.

Further more, the brain can work far more faster then we use it now. Think it of a CD-ROM player that can copy a CD in 16x speed.

Greets,

Thor

That’s not time that was made up, that’s our measurement of it.

Time clearly does exist, or at least it’s clearly something we experience. We remember events that have passed, we don’t remember events yet to come. A ball that drops is first in your hand then falling through the air then on the floor. There’s a clear progression, the concept of cause and effect pretty much relies on it.

I know there are theories that all time co-exists and it’s simply a perceptive restriction that leads us to experience it in a linear way, but that’s not quite the same thing.

The splitting up of time into years and months has nothing to do with its existence, any more than the invention of the ounce proves that weight doesn’t exist.

Dead on, time was never made up but just how we messure it, but i do agree with dutchthor, i think dream time is diffrent . Stephen laburges recording of it only shows that while lucid we can controll time as well. I think in a lucid dream when we are not trying to count with our eyes time is diffrent maybe faster maybe slower or maybe it is the same. But i cant tell that because as we try and figure it out we slow or spped our self up by ounting 1 thousand 2 thousand etc

But in a way it does. our minds dont like to think of somthing that could be there but with no way to hold it and controll it. Humans are controll freaks

Richard