Dreaming about going to sleep and having a lucid dream

Last night i had a weird dream.

I was dreaming that i was on a table and going to sleep. In that dream (in the dream) i suddenly am dreaming that i’m inside our garage.

So i had a dream inside an dream i think.

In that recursive dream i remember doing a reality check by breathing with holding my nose and the check failed so i felt an excited feeling in my stumach like “finally i got a lucid dream”. But i only remember bits and pieces. I tried flying and it worked but i couldnt stay afloat. I tried kissing a random girl but when i came close she turned into a blind girl who blocked me with her “walking stick”. I also remember seeying a church and inside that church was a door that was locked and nobody ever walked trough it. So i decided to check out what was behind it because i can walk trough the door because i was dreaming.

I also dreamed about waking up from that dream and talking with people on how awesome that first lucid dream experience was.

I dident feel anything different when i actually woke up this morning. It all felt like my mind playing tricks on me by letting me dream about lucid dreaming but not really lucid dreaming.

Anyone had this kind of dream before?

The vividness was also nothing more special then my other dreams.

Before i actually went to bed i had a flood of dreams from the past, remembering like 10 of them in a row while i was falling asleep IRL. This gave me alot of confidence that my recall was getting better and that i was getting closer to having my first real lucid dream.

My gut tells me this was a normal dream because the vividness was nothing more special than all my other dreams in the past.

I learned about lucid dreaming a week ago and i’m writing down the dreams i have in full detail in my dream journal since then. I dont remember a dream each day though. I am also constantly thinking in my waking life on how awesome it would be to have adventures in my lucid dreams, so my mind is set to lucid dreaming, i’m really motivated.

So was my mind playing tricks on me during that dream or was this an actual lucid dream?

The weirdest part was that i was dreaming about going to sleep, having a dream and waking up.

:yes: When I really wake up from one of those, I just ask myself if I feel empowered or disappointed. If I feel mostly disappointed, I count it as a false lucid dream (FLD.) If I feel more empowered, I count it as a lucid dream.

I made a topic about the levels of lucidity, if you’d like to check it out. Those lucid-dreams-within-normal-dreams made me think the levels could use another axis. :tongue:

Is it a sign that i’m improving in recall and using RC’s if i am getting FLD’s? Or is it just a normal dream because i’m obsessing about lucid dreaming since i started last week?

Oh yeah, FLD’s are a sign you are very very close! :smile:

It can be really tricky to find out if it was a FLD or just a low level LD, LD’s can have crappy visualls too sometimes, unfortunately. I do like EllyEve’s empowered/disappointed thing, it feels right. I guess it’s kinda what I do too.

Just keep trying and you’ll have a full LD in no time!