Dreaming About Lucidity

I had an interesting dream last night (not lucid however).

I was at a school, in a hallway. I was approaching the door to a room and as I did so I told myself that when I open the door, I will become lucid. When I did open the door, the dream changed slightly, and I felt (in the dream) somewhat lighter. However immediately after this occurred I ‘woke up’ because I was scared of the lucidity, and felt my body shaking as this happened. Keep in mind, I didn’t actually feel this physically (at least I don’t think), but I did feel it mentally. Once I ‘woke up’, I scrambled for my dream journal to write down my experience (like I do each time I waken). BUT, I never actually did wake up…I ‘woke up’ into another dream.
It wasn’t until I actually woke up in the morning did I realize I never became lucid.

It seems this dream had all these different lucid-related ideas combined:

• Dreaming about a portal that will take you into the lucid state
  • Vibrating/Body Shaking
  • Waking up because you are shocked you actually became lucid
  • Dream Journal

I haven’t been making an effort to recall my dreams for the last few nights due to school work, and this lucid stuff just came out of a hat since I wasn’t thinking much about it at all this week. I’ve never dreamed about lucidity before.

So, after all that jibber-jabber, my questions. Do you think this is a sign I’m close to lucidity or is it just one of those dreams?
I also find it hard to dream about lucidity (even if I’m not lucid in the dream). I’ve tried before, with no success. Is there something you would recommend I try?

Also, is it really helpful to try RC’s? Do most lucid-dreamers do them, or at least start out that way when they’re learning? I’d rather not do them since I usually forget to do them and although they only take a matter of seconds, it’s kind of an inconvenience for me.

Well, I’m off to go dream. :smile:

Hi Christina! :smile:

Yes, those dreams about lucidity and dream related stuff are called prelucid dreams and they are generally a sign that you’re closer to lucidity.

What induction techniques are you using?

RC’s are an induction technique. Thus they are helpful just like other techniques. If you use another technique, you may prefer not to perform RC’s. But it’s rather important to keep them in mind cause they may make you realize that you’re dreaming, or they may give you a confirmation when you’re wondering whether you’re dreaming. This happens very commonly in dreams and lots of LD’s begin with a RC.

Yes, I think doing RC’s would be a good thing. Maybe I can get into the habit soon enough. I surely wouldn’t want to confuse reality with a dream.

As for induction techniques. I mostly try WILD, and maybe once a week try WBTB since it’s not the best for my schedule. I try to concentrate on becoming lucid before I go to sleep and as I go to sleep. I read somewhere that thinking out what I want to do in my dream and thinking about this action as I go to sleep is helpful so I do that too.

Thanks for your response. :smile:

You told yourself you would be lucid after opening the door, but didn’t know it was a dream before that? Dream logic, gotta love it. :content:

‘Waking up’ into another dream is called a False Awakening. There’s some info here if you’d like to read about them. =]

Yes, you’re getting closer to a lucid dream. :grin: Like Basilus said, RCs can get you places. You might want to try a little autosuggestion as well. :smile:

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions. ^^

:wolb: