Entering LD

Hey im new here and to LDs. Anyways I have been having trouble with LDs. I will try to explain what has happend the times ive tried. I have always had many many FAs. But after them I’ve never been able to recall my dreams. It takes me a very long time to go to sleep sometimes 30 mins to an hour. This has made me want to try WBTB, but I live with a family of 5 and do not want to disturb them. I’ve tried WILD and MILD attemps mostly WILD ones.

1st WILD attempt- I started with the relaxation routine. Then I beagan the Stair breathing and counting thing. It was going normally untill about “15 I’m Dreaming”. At which point I relized I had been repeating “15 I’m Dreaming” over and over. Then suddenly the stairs faded a bit and a single closed eyeball popped up in the left corner then it dissapered and two open eyeballs popped up near the middle right. Then they dissapeared too and the closed eyeball reappeared. So following the instructions on the id4all WILD page i visualized grabbing the eyeball. After that everything went black and then started flashing black and red. A loud humming noise filled my ears and my chest felt very heavy, and i almost felt pinned to my bed. At this point i became scared and opened my eyes. I was definatley awake. The best i could explain to myself that feeling was the middle zone between awake and asleep and dreaming.

2nd WILD attempt-Same as above except kept loosing focus and eyeballs did reappear but i could not seem to take hold of them.

3rd WILD attempt-Same as first with no eyeballs.

1st MILD attempt-I did the MILD routine for about 15 mins and then let myself drift off thinking of flying over a large city. No sucsses with a LD that night.

So im just looking for general help on getting an LD because i really want to see what is like. And i would also like to becom proficient at LDs. Thank you.   :help: [/u]

Hi Dream-Ez, welcome to the forum!

You only tried MILD once, and without WBTB probably. If you could try that combination for at least a few times a week for a few weeks, you would know if MILD would be your thing. As to WILD, if you fall asleep slowly this might be hard, but judging from your progress in your first few tries, i’d say you should continue to see where it goes. If you get into that middle zone between waking and sleeping, you might try an old trick, you kind of roll yourself out of your physical body (a kind of dream OBE that instantly creates your bedroom environment around you, if it works). I made a thread on that tech here. Just a few ideas, good luck with it!

You had hymnogogic hallucinations, explaining the eyeballs, colors, and humming, and you did kind of wake up, only your body was still trying to breathe for you at the same time as you trying to breathe, creating the crushing feeling on your chest, which sometimes the mind turns into a quite scary scenario sometimes involving an ‘old hag’, but that’s never happened to me. Also, I have had success with WBTB without ever actually getting up. Over the summer, I am afforded the oppurtunity to wake up obscenely late, so I’ll just go back to sleep after I wake up the first time. Every single LD I’ve had is from doing this.

I actually had some sucsses last night. I’ve had roofers working on my house for the past 3 days and they come early every morning and start working. Usually their hammers wake me up, but today they made me realize i was dreaming. As soon as i heard their hammers i said “im dreaming!” then i woke up. I was very dissapointed.