Ever been shot?

I’ ve been blown up by a nuclear bomb in a dream once. It was quite a weird sensation- when the blastwave hit me, everything went black. I felt like I was curled up tight in a fetal position on the floor, and then tipped over on my side.

whenever i get hit by a bullet,i never notice it cuz something more interesting is always happening lol.

i know it seems like a waste, but i was curious; i basically after acheiving a state of lucidity made a gun appear in my gun, swall the gun towards teh end of my mouth, and fire… i woke up immediatly and it felt like my whole body fell asleep for like 4 seconds… it was cool… but then agian kinda scary too.

Wow… what did it feel like? Did you see the nuke coming?

I had a dream about a nuclear apocalypse once too. I was rinning away from the blast (like that would help lol) but didnt feel any effects.

Recently ive had a couple of dreams when i was carrying a gun or running away from gunmen etc etc which is a bit odd…

Nukes are powerful images, it’s no wonder we dream about them. Some time ago, I and a bunch of others had to flee into the sea when a nuke detonated. Three people were left on the beach, you could see them explode into flames when the blast hit them. :bored:

[color=darkblue]:)… I was in a military base and a load of guys in turquoise boiler suits were running around like crazy brandishing makarovs! :nuu:

I got shot a few times- it didn’t hurt, it was more of the shock of it than anything. I fell to the floor, closed my eyes and felt everything fading… I really thought I was dying :cool_laugh:

I woke up instead… [/color]

I can think of two dreams where I got shot. The first one’s a really old one. I remember being shot in the head. Like, I could literally feel the side of my head was missing. I was lying on the ground, immobile, and it didn’t really hurt. I think I was dead, but I was conscious. It was weird. I’m pretty sure I woke up shortly after being shot.

My second getting shot in a dream story involves a dream about the ninja turtles. It wasn’t in cartoon or anything. Did any of you watch the show back in the days? Anyway, the turtles were attacked and I took cover around the corner, but I ran into one of those orange rock soilders. He shot at me with his machine gun and I couldn’t run much further after that.

I got hit in the chest, right above my right breast. I remember sitting with my back to a cement wall, keeping my right hand clutched to the wound, trying to stop the bleeding, but I could tell it was fatal. So then Michelangelo (the orange turtle) ran up to me while the others were busy fighting, and he was really panicking. :nuu: He pressed his hand to the wound, and after a few seconds he just exclaimed in horror,

“Oh my god! Your heart’s stopped!”

Even though I was halfdead, I still managed to mutter, “The heart’s on the other side, Einstein.”:crazy:

I was shot on the right side, and as everyone knows, the heart is located a little to the left. After that, I pretty much bled to death and woke up.

Hmm… the closest thing I remember to being shot was this one dream where I’m in this museum with my dad, and he’s taking these blunt copper nails and pounding them into my spine to hold some papers up on my back. I could actually feel the nails pound into my skin and through my vertabre. It didn’t hurt, but it felt really wierd!

I’ve been shot many times in many dreams.

In one dream I met the parallel version of myself, my shadow. He first shot me up with needles and drugs. He then shot me 44 times in the heart and 33 times in the head as I was high on drugs in my dream.

I also had a dream once I was Kennedy waving my hand around on a parade as I was mysteriously shot dead. I soon saw myself dead in the third view and felt dissapointed I didn’t finish the parade.

I dreamed I stood on the edge of this cliff at the top of the world trade center. I aimed the gun at my head and shot myself as an attempt of suicide. As I fell off the building I was dead as my soul left my body I was soon falling not into the streets of New York, but falling into a lake of fire in the depths of hell. (I then wook up 9:11am eastern time, 6:11am my time when I lived on the west coast. Day of 9/11 2001)

Weird… i’ve never been shot. jealous

Hmm it’s interesting how everyone has experienced the ‘getting shot/blown up/stabbed’ dreams in such varying ways. I have have to say that being stabbed in a dream is the most painful. I remember a dream years ago where I was being chased by a killer with a chef’s knife and he stuck it right into my thigh, the pain was incredible. So much so that it woke me up and my leg was still aching in the spot where he stuck the knife in…For a while after that I found myself running scared from any DCs wielding a blade. Now though, it is humorous; as a matter of fact a DC pulled a knife on me and I folded the blade between my thumb and index finger(the DC ran like crazy after that). :nuu:

I guess the old belief that you can’t be hurt or feel pain in dreams is bunk now…

I had a dream some guy in a suit shot me, can’t remember therest of the dream. It wasn’t painful but i felt a weird sensation of something going through me then i woke up :confused:

:uh: I don’t recall ever being shot in a dream [at least not with a mechanical gun–magic caster gun (boy, that was shock to my system :lol: ) :hmmm: but not a mechanical one…].

I do however, remember shooting at DCs on various occasions.

1. Once, in a Grand Theft Auto: Vice City-inspired dream (I was shot at in this one, but escaped from my Lamborghini down a sewer tunnel) :content:
  2. A House of Flying Daggers/Matrix LD in which the DC (Yang) stopped the bullets and sent them after me (though, I just barely outran them…) :eek:
  3. Recently, where I’m flying like Vincent Valentine in Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII and shooting this beast of a caster gun :happy:

Nope…can’t think of a time I’ve been shot, in that case…

Maybe its because most people dont know what it feels like to be shot, but we do have experienced a knife accident.
Or it might be the large shock that removes the pain when being shot (though this would yield for knifes too).

And i agree, whenever i see someone pinch themselfs to see if they are dreaming or not i almost laugh :content: To ebil to explain RCs though :ebil:

Right after becoming lucid I was shot three times right in the heart by a group of ~20 old men (Old Boy’s Club types) while me and a few friends were exploring a camp site. That was actually pretty close to the beginning of the dream but the rest of it was like scenes that still had a logical order based after that. It hurt a lot, just like I imagine being shot would…

I think the reason that we feel so much pain from being stabbed/shot/blown up/etc. is because we expect it to hurt- even if you’ve never have your eyes stabbed with sewing needles you’d imagine such a thing would really hurt, so your brain mimics the pain.

You guys should think about what you would think if someone walked in right now shot you. And you woke up to find it was just a dream.

^I guess it would depend on who it is- one time I dreamed that a burgler broke into my house, but he wasn’t anyone familer- just some black guy with razor stubble and a ratty wool hat. He pointed a gun at me and I woke up.

Once I was having a dream that I was James Bond.

I got shot 3 times, each time I got shot there was no blood but it hurt.

We are now at the bottom of page 10, the discussion continues in Ever been shot in a dream Part II :moogle: