Faking REM (?!)

Well maybe… :bored:
But i doubt it.

hahaha, i have jumpy thoughts when I’m awake too, always when i try to “simulate” a situation in my head it’s like
i walk…
…ing to a fr…
…ng up to…
…ging some…
…ying hey…
…etc etc…

Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night (3-4AM) I don’t think of doing this! :wallhit: I’m going to try it next time I wake up in the middle of the night gotta leave my self a note.

ok so you move your eyes around like you are looking at a dream … but what is it you do with your thoughts i thought i saw u say something about your thoughts pattern

I did it once and it worked, it just kept flickering automatically and i even entered deeper state. I think is a good way to trick the body or mind, i might try it tonight.

And talking about R.E.M., shouldn’t be REM after 90 minutes or so, i had one much before the required time. Very weird, too quick.

Okay this time I was actually dreaming but during the whole dream I had this weird feeling like I almost knew the things I were doing were surreal. Like for example there was this guy who I started to punch in the face because I knew I could do it right there at that moment but I would never do it in real life. Then there was another incident at which point I somehow felt like I HAD to wake up and tried to open my eyes but like last time it was so hard to open them. Even harder than the last time. I even saw my room but still couldn’t fully open them and had to close them again. I think when I closed them again I could’ve continued the dream but stupid me didn’t fully realize that it was a dream and still tried to open my eyes and after a few tries I woke up. I think this is the closest I’ve ever been to a lucid dream. Also this was during a nap in the afternoon.

you might want to check out my thread about a discovery on this subject:
R.E.M. Discovery? (thread)

is any1 going to answer

altheman - It sounds like it could have been an OoBE about to occur, but I can’t tell from those details.

to the poster- I tried this last night and although I did not have an LD, it put me to sleep way quicker than normally. I think you may have stumbled upon something of some significance.

where did i write that?

I tried this last night while I was doing WILD. It helped, but I’ve never succeeded with WILD before anyway so.

I tried this last night. I started moving my eyes, but I didn’t know what to do with my thoughts, so I was just counting slowly. The HI began quite quickly, and I was falling asleep. Somewhere near 50 I started to lose track of the numbers, so I tried thinking random thoughts, still moving my eyes. Almost in the same moment I suddenly felt very cold, and there was a tingling sensation all over my body. The sensation ended a moment later. I thought it could be SP, but I tried to move and I was able to, so it wasn’t. I tried the same thing once more, and once again I had this cold feeling and a tingling sensation. However, I couldn’t fall fully asleep, so I decided to stop. Maybe I’ll try this again today, and it could be a good idea to try this with WBTB.

Holy shiznit, this thread took on a life all it’s own since I’ve been gone.

I don’t know where i read this, but about a year ago I read this exact technique. I have tried it and have found you get the best results when doing a pattern as well as slightly and not forcefully elevating the eyes. so, rather then looking straight ahead you look just a little bit higher.