Falling asleep with eyes open -EILD

and also a way to totally diminish your dream recall
don’t masturbate

I tried this, and actually had a lucid dream… Don’t know if it was because of the EILD but atleast I had a pretty good lucid dream :content:

I was lying there in my bed with my eyes open and daydreaming about everything… And when I fell asleep and entered a dream, just after a couple of seconds i though “wait… this feels like a dream” and made a RC and i was dreaming :tongue: (Then I wanted to swim but i couldnt find any deep water, I was flying around looking for it until the LD ended… Most boring lucid dream yet ^^)

So you could say I had a DILD when i tried this techique.

However, I’ll not try this for a long time… It took atleast 30+ minutes to fall asleep and it was really boring… :razz:

that’s exactly what happend to me poppp I was awake, then suddenly I was in a dream with no apparent reason I was instantly Lucid but I did do a reality check to make sure (DILD) , did you do wbtb with this?

True, but it does vary sometimes, Specially when you have a lucid dream, and you don’t lose lucidity, you’ll eventualyl wake up and you havn’t lost conciousness so you will remember it all

Since when does masturbation reduce dream recall?

thats correct I mean for beginners it is best not to masturbate but if you are having an LD then you will probably remember it.

great method btw mate :ok:

I wonder if there has been a study composed on Masturbation and Dream recall.

By the way poppp, just a few questions regarding what happend.

1.) At the start, was you still in bed in the dream?
2.) How vivid was it?
3.) when you woke from the dream, what time was it? (Just incase you did it first time you went to sleep)

I don’t know, but I don’t see why masturbation would affect it.

I would like to counter the “We don’t usually dream until a few hours into sleep” argument. I think this technique could work very well when falling asleep initially.

I don’t know if I’m just a “special case” or if my brain is messed up or something, but I seem to have a lot of success lucid dreaming within the first hour of sleep. What used to happen to me (when I was into LDing hardcore) was I would go to sleep doing MILD or no technique at all, and when I got lucky, I would enter a dream and become lucid. This LD would last me what seemed like hours. Then, I would wake up almost immediately afterwards and look at my clock and realize it had only been about 15 minutes since I fell asleep. This proves that it IS possible to dream and/or lucid dream within the first MINUTES of sleep. I don’t know if that only applies to certain people, but it seemed so easy for me that I believe anyone can do it.

That’s one reason I believe this technique would work very well for me. I’m not saying don’t do WBTB with it, because apparently a lot of people need to, but at least attempt it when initially going to bed.

That actually explains alot, When i had my first LD, very similar to this technique, I was just lieing there, then suddenly I was in a dream. It was also first time going to bed, I remember checking the time, IT was around 12-1 o clock and roughly the dream lasted about an hour.

1. No I wasn’t in the bed when it started… I was on a big green landscape with some sea’s.
  2. I don’t really remember how vivid it was at the beginning… When i became lucid i rubbed my hands and said “increase lucidity” a couple of times and then it was very vivid.
  3. I don’t know at all sorry… I didn’t have any clock and didn’t see any “sign” of what time it was.

And about your question before, no I didn’t do this with WBTB, i did it first time i went to bed.

Another strange thing that happend when i tried this, was when i woke up from the dream I felt sooo tired, i could berarely keep my eyes open… And yet my body/brain/both didn’t want to fall asleep so it took like 15 minutes (it felt like) to fall alseep even though I felt soo tired…

I’ve never felt that tired after waking up from a ND or LD… Maybe it was because of the EILD? I don’t know.

Interesting Technique. Once when I was very young, I had a dream that I always have remebered.

I saw my room, and i think this was beacause my eyes were open. It seemed to last for hours. I think Ill write it up in my DJ.

Last night I tried this technique again with a bit more success, though no LD. I layed there in my bed with my eyes open counter (WILD style). Suddenly I’m hit by a frying pan, I never saw anything but I felt the steel hitting me in the face and I heard the sound… Obviously I almost fell asleep.

Ok I think i did this technique about a week ago or something. It was in the morning though and the night before the night that had just been I think I had had a all nighter so I was pretty tired. I woke up at 8 and the sun was shining through my curtain. Suddenly it started becoming a dream. I just got out of bed and did a RC and I was dreaming. I then went out of my room and my family were in the lounge and I said to my mum “Im dreaming!” And she said something along the lines of “thats great” then I lost lucidity. It was really vivid! But Ive tried it again and I just cant seem to do it :grrr:

Wow congrats on the LD.

Sounds alot like HH, you must of nearly fell asleep but suddenly came concious on the second of the sleep transition.

Yeah, I hate when that happens ^^ Plus, the frying pan is not very comfortable when it’s dashed into your head, I got fully awake afterwards and it took me another 30 minutes to go back to sleep.

Awesome I’ve got to give this a try since for some reason i can daydream clearer with my eyes open

i’m going to give it a try too! sounds like it is very promissing. When I was a young boy I did the same every night, I imagened that i had my own clubhouse and made my complete story, til i fell asleep, I almost never became lucid and i didn’t knew anything about lucid dreaming.

Sounds like an interesting technique. I will have to try this.