Favorite Bands

Check out www.ultimatemetal.com
bleh got the link wrong, but thats the right one now.

My favorites are:

Jimi Hendrix(hence my name), Joe Satriani, Vai, Yngwie Malsteem, Eric Johnson, Slipknot, Smashing pumpkins, Metallica, Iron Maiden, The Allen Parsons Project, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin(spelling), RATM, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Eric Clapton, Powderfinger, In Flames are cool too. Heard them on JJJ(Yeah, go Australia). That’s about all I can think of right now.

Not really in any order: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, Quarashi, Beethoven (if that counts as a band…), D12 (the first CD anyway).

Beyond that, I generally just like individual songs.

AFI
Alkaline Trio
Anti-Flag
Blaze
Blind Guardian
Blink 182
Finch
Funeral For a Friend
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Metallica (mainly the 80’s stuff)
Million Dead
The Offspring
System of A Down
The Used
Thrice

Yeah, and theres way more but I cant be bothered writing them down, but I like mainly metal, with crazy solo’s, or punk rock.

The first album I ever bought was “The Wall” by Pink Floyd, apart from that, I like the counting crows, silverchair, bit of radiohead - although I find them a bit weird… That kind of stuff.

But I like good weird music.

Radiohead: I hate half of the songs they’ve done. The singer’s voice is a torture to listen to when a song gets boring. ‘OK Computer’ and ‘Kid A’ are good albums thought (excellent albums).
Sigur Ros
Aphex Twin - Weird electronica. Some good tracks. For example a song called ‘4’ (don’t know what album it is from, but the song is always called ‘4’ on all mp3’s i have found). ‘Analogue Bubblebath’, ‘Milkman’…

Maybe you are talking about the scientist? The clip is completely backward. Can’t think about any other clip who could represent a dream…

And thank you TheAvatar for those links

If I remember right, the name of the song is ‘Trouble’. That is what comes to mind. I will download some of their songs and listen. I will recognize the song.

I went and downloaded some songs and found out the song I was talking about was infact ‘Trouble’. The video for that song is my favorite video ever made. If you have never seen it, maybe I could get a hold of it somehow on the internet. It is very dreamlike. It is very similar to the kind of stuff you would see in a Bjork video. All kinds of weird imaginary animals and big mood swings.

…To list a few…

Placebo
Muse
Deftones
Modest Mouse
Chris Cornell
The Smiths
Vast
Spoon
Enya
Bjork
West at Seven
Radiohead
Presidents of the USA
Wes Montgomery
Nina Nastasia
matt pond PA
Alan

And many many more.

I did a little bit of serching on the internet, and discovered that Yahoo! Launch has this big archive of music videos. Here is the page for the Coldplay videos they have (‘Trouble’ is on there). Just click ‘Watch’ next to trouble. You will have to watch some dumb advertisment most likely, but then the video will be on. If it is choppy, try turning the KB down using the selection under the video box.

launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.a … ID=1053653

I just watched the video for a bit of a reminder of how dream like the video is. Even seeing it now brings a chill down my spine. Everyone should check this one out.

i forgot to mention I like what little I have (OKC, Kid A) of Radiohead.

i guess to take an opportunity to advertise… anyone who likes dreaming (should be all of you!) and whatnot should check out Dredg… they’re very nice and relaxing (sometimes heavy too) and well, dream like in nature. El Cielo is an album soely dedicated to sleep paralysis.

My Dredg thread

As for Tool, for those who somehow might not be familiar with them if you like “heavy” music you should definitely listen to them as well… songs such as Lateralus, Parabola, Third Eye, 46 and 2, <- all related to various dream, drug, spiritual, odd experiences, etc… the Patient, Jimmy…

and for mellower stuff Reflection (one of my favorites)

Tool is NOT equal to sober and aenema and stinkfist, they go way deeper than that… though I’ve recently realized how beautiful aenema (the song) is… wow… that interlude…

Oh yeah! I remember that video! I saw it a long time ago and forgot about it… Yes that video is really awesome. The song is nice too

Oh my, Oh my…
It would take me forever…

Lets say - most of the already mentioned plus much much more :content:

I’ve been listening to these bands (to all of their albums) a lot this spring:

The Beatles

Shpongle

Pink Floyd

Boards of Canada

Air

The Reindeer Section

Yea. It is a good video and a good song. I have to say my favorite part is when the bird turns into that huge towering shadow over the hill and it seems like it consumes everything.

I listen a lot to Silverchair, Incubus, Mars Volta, Jeff Buckley, Bush, Fiona Apple, Tool, Sam Roberts, I can’t believe it’s not rock and Deftones.

Children of Bodom rocks, Decapitated is awesome, Crash (has anyone heard of them?) owns all, Slayer is cool, H.O.T., Shinhwa, Street Poets, LMF is totally awesome, Seo Taiji has his moments, ummm… It’s hard to think right now. ^,^

Does anyone else into the Asian Music scene?

As you can tell by the spinning "Tri-Ryche ( that is if you know the Tri-Ryche ) I am into Queensryche.
I am also into other Progressive bands like “Dream Theater” Symphony X,
And early progressive , like Uriah Heep , Kansas , ELP, and of course Rush. The list could really go on…

Dream theater! :You have to see my friends “Ultra Brutal Dream theater Dance” that can be done in a car. It’s BRUTAL!

And symphony x is awesome power metal.

I also forgot MAIDEN!

Ivi: I see you’re a fan of Shpongle. Now thát’s excellent chillin’ music!
Raja Ram’s flute is pure magic… especially if you lie down and close your eyes… aahh pure bliss :dream: