Favorite Bands

I don’t know if this string already exists, but I thought I would give it a shot. What is everyone’s favorite bands of past and present?

for me currently, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Cryptic Wintermoon and many others…

Hahaha. About 30 seconds before I read this post I felt like listening to some In Flames. How ironic. Anyways. You already know Nine Inch Nails is one of mine. Some others include KMFDM, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Murder By Death, Primus, Sublime, God Forbid, and CafFiends.

I forgot to add the most obvious! In Flames.

LOL! Are In Flames that famous outside Sweden now?

I have to say they have been one of my favorite bands too :smile: (They still are).

Don’t realy have any…I just listen to the radio.

mystery

Currently: Enigma, Solar Stone, Ishq, Deep Dive Corporation, Astral Projection, Dark Soho, Mortaur, and some others… They’re all psychedelic ambient, dark ambient and psytrance (except for Enigma, which is New Age).

they arent really that popular, although they are getting well known cause most of the new stuff is nu-metal crap :tongue:

I don’t know. I know I have liked them for a few years. I think I found them on accident. I surf a lot of music sites looking for music I have never heard before. ‘Only For The Week’ and ‘Ordinary Story’ are my two favorite songs by them. I havn’t heard a few of the other bands you mentioned, so I will have to check them out. I forgot that my signiture has a In Flames lyric in it. Heh.

Le Tigre

I’m fond of Pink Floyd.

stevie ray vaughan and double trouble, van halen, megadeth, pink floyd, the jimi hendrix experience. its mostly guitar music

Like Boston at all?
Heh.

I’ve always been a Pink Floyd fan, and i think I always will be.

Pink floyd rules :happy:

RATM, R.E.M., Black sabbeth, rolling stones, jefferson airplane, red hot chilli peppers, Nirvana… i could go on for some time, dont think i can pin point a favorite one though, so many kool bands :grin:

Tool, a Perfect Circle, Dredg, Smashing Pumpkins…

that’s it right now.

I have interest in: Pearl Jam, Nirvana (wouldnt’ feel like buying an album though), RATM, RHCP, Zeppelin (slowly slowly growing on me), Floyd (well… they just seem interesting, I should probably download some songs)… Opeth but I don’t care for the screaming.

I guess that is about it, I don’t have much exposure to music becuase I’m lazy and though I support music piracy 100% I don’t like downloading an album unless I plan on buying it if I like it… so I try to refrain from that.

I do hate the RIAA and want them to fall apart though, so these damn itunes and pay download sites piss me off.

edit: oh yeah and Alice in Chains.

Madjack, by your avatar it seems like you would be a KMFDM fan. I could be wrong though. Holy reality, you should check out KMFDM also.

[color=indigo]definately pink floyd!

REM, muse, system, rage and nirvana

They are my faves…but I wouldn’t really say that’s all I listen to. I’ll listen to basically anything…really. I mean ANYTHING[/color]

Alghazanth
Behemoth
Catamenia
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Cryptopsy
Dark Funeral
DarkThrone
Diamatregon
Dimmu Borgir
Hypocrisy
Immortal (BEST BAND EVER!!)(My sig is some of their lyrics)
Kalmah
Kataklysm
Magister Dixit
Morrannon
Nargaroth (Also very awesome)
Nokturnal Mortum
Old man’s Child
Ragnarok
Taake

Non Death/Black metal
Coldplay

You got a whole list of death metal bands…then Coldplay? That is something else. Heh. I’m not a fan of Coldplay’s music, but that music video they had a few years ago is my favorite music video ever made. It really is like a crazy dream. I don’t remember what the song was called though, maybe you do though.