First LD's (Sort of...)

I took a break from LDing a while back. However, recently I’ve been spontaneously realizing that I’m dreaming.

I’ll be in the middle of a dream, and then suddenely I’ll just say “i’m dreadming” and I go lucid.I can count at least 3 times that this happened in the last week or two.

The first time it happened, I was walking down a pathway somewhere when I realized I was dreaming. So I started running and then I looked at the pathway and remember what surreal keeps saying about increasing ld detail and said “lucidity 1000” or something along those line. The details of the pathway got pretty amazing but then I started losing the dream so I started spinning around but it didn’t work and I lost the dream.

The whole thing lasted 5-10 seconds. The second time was pretty much the same thing. Both times I didn’t have any real control over the dream so I didn’t really think of them as lucid dreams.

However, last night I had a dream where I was running up some stairs and then I suddenely “knew” that I was dreaming. I then said to myself that when I get to the next turn of the stairway I would see someone famous, and I DID! (it was britney spears btw…don’t ask…:eh: ) Unfortunately for me, the dream faded into black 1 or 2 seconds later. The whole lasted may be 5-10 seconds.

So my question to the ppl on the board is this, how do I increase the length of the dream? I don’t seem to be able to remember to rub my hands, and spinning doesn’t work.

I’d appreciate any ideas…

Rubbing your hands, focusing in something, spinning.

Well then rub your hands next time.

search for another technique then, for me the spinning sent me to a Normal dream.

The best thing is to find a technique that is the best for you.

LOL ! :tongue: But that’s right. The only thing you have to do is finding a way to autosuggest yourself to do this immediatly when becoming lucid.

Same problem for me than Cranberrydude. That’s why I don’t like spinning : false and true awakenings.

About your question : the best trick is looking at (or rubbing) your hands regularly and have quick looks at the dream world between. It takes some time to masterize.

I had a dream last night where the same thing happened. This time though, I opened up my hands in front of me and looked at them. This stabilized the dream very well.

In the dream, I was in weird version of my school. I basically just ran around taking in all the detail and randomly talking to DC’s. The whole thing seemed to last quite a while, but it couldn’t have been more than 1-3 minutes. In any case, this definetly was a lucid dream, and I had control over it.

Interesting thing about the dream though was that it ended when I tried to put a light on but it didn’t turn on. The dream then started to fade, and (big mistake) closed my eyes to try to “will” the light to turn on and the dream to stabilize. Needless to say, it didn’t stabilize and I lost the dream and woke right up!

But it was AMAZING! Now I see why people are so excited about LD’s!

I find that getting to excitied wakes me up from a lucid dream. SO what i do is simply dont get to excited, i realize this can be dificult but try your best. After awhile you will train your mind not to wake up from a lucid dream so quickly. MAny times also you will have a false awakening so make sure you RC everytime you “wake” from a dream