First Steps to WILD part III (Basic WILD Q&A)

Hi everybody this is my first post! Well…

So last night I tried WILD a second time, I did it when I went to sleep then I woke up at a 4am and did it again… Now when I did it as I was going to sleep I got to the point of feeling numb and relaxed but then my leg twitched and I suddenly became “awake” so i tried again and my leg twitched again! and the same thing happened. Is it normal? is it part of the process?

So then I tried it at 4 am because I woke up to go to the bathroom, and I think I might have reached the HI part because I heard strange thump noises from upstairs that started slow and increased as I “fell” asleep but once I felt more “awake” the noise suddenly slowed and stopped. Am I close?

Adding to my previous posts:
I tried WILD again last night…i saw what looked like a giant green cirle, and a Black Silhouette of an object (looked like a person) was cut out in the middle of the cirle. The cirle and the Silhouette moved from the right of my vision to the left, disappeared, then came back in to focus at the same point it started. It repeated like 7 times then went away. Is this anything??!

I haven’t personally experienced twitches such as these, but I know that others have had them. I don’t think it’s anything excessively abnormal. To try and prevent them you could try tensing your entire body and holding it for a short time before you start your relaxations. :smile:

Are you sure that the noises were not real? When I read this I wondered if somebody might have been banging around. If they were not sounds from the real world, then it is a good indicator that you are heading in the right direction. :grin:

I’m assuming that this was with your eyes closed. If it was then it does sound like one form of HI. I tend to get this when I’ve been relaxing for a period of time. Later on the HI becomes more like scenes. These scenes are well defined images and sometimes even have sound. I’ve not had this type of HI transform into those well defined images before, I tend to get these swirling colours, they fade, then the next more vivid HI starts. I have heard people say it transformed for them though.

Yeah I kinda tensed my body a little before but I will try and tense it more…
Im pretty sure the sounds werent in real life because a first I thought they were and so when I was aware it suddenly stopped and when I continued it started again the I fell asleep :tongue:

Okay, sorry i might be asking to many questions, but i still havent gotten anywhere with this. I am wondering, do you make these images appear in your mind, or do they just randomly start appearing before your eyes? Also, with WBTB, do you have to get up for a certain amount of time, or do you just think of the dream you had, and go with it? I feel like im getting really close because last night, things started happening in my head that i wasnt even thinking (if that makes sense) But no images appeared, just short bursts of ringing in my ears, and lines of colored dots zooming around!

With making the images appear, you don’t directly do something to make them come. When you are relaxed they should occur naturally, you just need to focus on staying aware.

With WBTB it’s recommended you get up to ensure your conscious mind is awakened, you can try it without getting up and if you are struggling then try it with getting up. :smile: The technique of trying to re-enter a dream is know as chaining or DEILD (Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream). There is a topic about it in Pathways To Lucidity called Chaining - New Technique.

This sounds like one form of HI to me. :grin: I tend to get this when I am in a fairly relaxed state. I get full images slightly later on usually. It sounds like you are heading in the right direction. :content:

Would counting to a really big number help for the wild technique? like 10,000?(because I already reached 2,000 without falling asleep, which WASN’T the goal,lol)

No. If you get to 10’000, something’s not working for you. Personally, I find counting the least reliable technique when it comes to WILD. Of course, it’s not the same for everyone, but I tend to find my mind wanders from counting quite easily. I’m not sure, I just find it a bit of a bore, and can’t keep with it. I have used it to WILD in the past, but not too often for the mentioned reasons. I prefer just to twitch my thumb slightly (I know it seems strange), very slow slight movements of it at repeated intervals. I find that concentration on a physical thing is much easier to do than something mental, like counting. After a while, I’ll feel my body enter SP, and once I’m there, I just empty my mind and concentrate on the HI, until it stabilises then pull into the scene, and voila! A successful WILD.

…then I’ll try something else, also I reached 2000 with a wbtb time…2:45(i’m 13, so I just barely am able to be here)

I’ll try something else, thanks a bundle, ( OOT and MM? I know MM has affected a dream…)

does listening to music while using WILD work?

It depends on if you find listening to music relaxing, or if it irritates you. It’s also possible to use music to try and induce a reality check, although that wouldn’t quite be WILD. :wink:

“nooby question” Do you have to go through SP to do wild? I ask because I didn’t feel it but I drifted into the dream(knew I was in bed, but not I fell asleep)world, and wasn’t lucid, if not, is it recommended to go through SP? or avoid all times possible?

i have heard about people who have seen really frightning images when they were trying to wild and i get freaked out by faces and stuff and im afraid im going to see something really creepie and i was hoping someone could help me not be afraid anymore :eek: :help:

The images can be a little unnerving, but it’s important to remember that they are not real and you are entirely safe. You could also try to change the images, I know some people have, by thinking positive thoughts, transformed the images into a guide that helped them get lucid. :happy:

ok will try thank you so much

well it happened tonight and now im 2 scared 2 fall asleep nothing helps

Ok, I have been WILDing for 2 days, and last night I did the same thing, I felt SP come over me, and then I started to see white, like light. (the room was pitch black) So I think I was close to dreaming. Right?

ps. I’m sorry, I’m new at this.

Your either really close to dreaming or your on the virge of dying. I think dreaming is the right one lol. Keep focus but keep relaxed and you should feel yourself slip into dreaming.

I woke up last night, and feeled wery strange. It felt like it was nothing that hold me down in my bed, just like i was hovering but still touching my bed. This feeling disappeared wery fast.
Was I close to WILD when I woke up again last night, and what could i do to keep this feeling?

There isn’t a huge amount more that I can say. Whatever images you see, you are creating. They are harmless to you and you have the power to change or stop them.

I’m not sure about that one. It could be that you woke up into a mild case of sleep paralysis. With keeping the feeling, you would have to remain very still and keep yourself as relaxed as possible. To go to the next stage, you could try using one of the WILD techniques to keep yourself aware, or perhaps you could try to re-enter the dream you were just having.