First Steps to WILD part III (Basic WILD Q&A)

There isn’t a huge amount more that I can say. Whatever images you see, you are creating. They are harmless to you and you have the power to change or stop them.

I’m not sure about that one. It could be that you woke up into a mild case of sleep paralysis. With keeping the feeling, you would have to remain very still and keep yourself as relaxed as possible. To go to the next stage, you could try using one of the WILD techniques to keep yourself aware, or perhaps you could try to re-enter the dream you were just having.

im having problems when i WILD staying still it seems like everytime i try i have an urge to move that i cant overcome and the only times i have done wild simi succesfully was when i tried it with WBTB and i had to go to school so i had to wake up the only problem is i never know what time im going to fall asleep and i cant get up at like 3:00 even to stay up for like 5 minuets any sleep i get is valuble and im still tired and i cant go to bed early ive tried so many times and exersizing doesnt help please try to help me also i cant do it on the weekends because my little cousins come over and they can be really anoying in the morining they make alot of noise so you cant sleep from any where in the house :sad: :help: please help me thank you

Last night i was trying to WILD straight up, none of this WBTB business :grin:

I was lying down, really comfortable, about 20 minutes pass and i can feel my body going through the stages, and i can feel the onset of SP creeping up. My vision changes from what looks like a black sphere, and expands into a void of darkness (very hard to explain, but the rest of my body feels like it is sinking now) I manage to control my excited…ness and I’m happy because this is what usually hinders my progress.

This is what sucks though, the sinking feeling gets stronger and stronger, i start seeing intense HI and i can feel i can almost step into my dream - but my eyes keep flickering open and i can’t keep them shut! concentrating on keeping them shut keeps holding me back from going into my dream, so i give up after about 10 minutes of struggling in vain to keep my eyes closed and relaxed. :sad:

Perhaps I’ll try a blindfold or something tonight :smile:

The eye problem is probably happening because your doing WILD without WBTB, I remember trying to do that and the same thing happened to me.

It might be worth trying a different technique to WILD, If you are struggling with urges to move. You are finding that you really need your sleep and you are afraid of the hallucinations you can get in SP. It sounds like you might benefit more from trying MILD for a while. Once you have time and the ability to rest properly so it won’t impact on your life, you could try WILD then. :smile:

You could try a sleeping mask, I know some people have said that helped them in the past. Personally I found I had this issue because I was focusing my attention on my eyes too much. Maybe you could try to put your focus elsewhere.

So I do WILD. I count 1-im dreaming-2-im dreaming-…I relax,I feel tingly,I feel heavy,and the I just stay like that and dont advance. Why is that!? I clear my mind and tense my body and breathe for 10 or 15 minutes! Then I count,and then I stay dont advance any further. WHYYYYY!!!

Probably because you’re tensing your body. :wink:

thank you will try tonight

Well… I’ve been told that when people meditate they gently touch the back of their top set of teeth with their tongue to avoid excess saliva without drying your mouth out! Hope this works.

So without really trying, I have almost reached what I now believe is WILD a couple of times in the last year, and both times, this happened:
I feel the tingles, my proprioception gets real funky, and I feel like I’m spinning and all that. Then I can feel myself leaving the waking world, and my heart starts to beat INTENSELY FAST, and I get so scared that I eventually force myself out of it. I actually can’t decide in that moment if I am about to dream or die. I also don’t know why my heart beats so fast - my mind is calm and I don’t get excited. I only get roused in REACTION to the heart beating, in other words the excitement comes after the heart beat, not before. Is this normal? Otherwise I’m reluctant to try this again.
thanks

Yes, I believe it’s normal. I’m not a master at WILD, in fact, the few WILD’s I’ve had were a bit different. But the last couple of times I tried to WILD my heart did beat very fast and I felt I couldn’t breath. The last time I think I almost did it. I think you should try to ignore the heart beat and pay attention to HI…

Because i don’t understand WILD… i can’t afford to do WBTB so i’m wondering, can i do it when i go to bed or a midday nap?

Or even U-WILD?

It is possible to WILD at night, but it is considered much harder to do than if you do it with WBTB. Doing it in the afternoons is another good way to improve your chances with WILD, although I don’t believe it will improve them more than WBTB would.

With U-WILD It seems to include a few MILD techniques, so that would increase your chances of getting lucid, since MILD is proven to be an effective technique with or without WBTB. (WBTB seems to improve it still)

if you’re afraid of losing sleep doing WBTB, i wouldn’t worry about it.
it doesn’t really make a difference to me because you’re only awake for about 15-30 minutes

What is a ‘U-WILD’?

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 15&start=0

I think i get it but, i totally feel like im awake when it happens. then i pay too much attention to my body and snap out of it, even though it felt the whole time like i was awake. am i actually asleep when this happens?

P.S. I know, dumb question. :help:

When you experience SP you are usually awake or on the boarder of falling asleep, hence the hallucinations. :wink: If you were fully asleep you should be able to move, unless you are dreaming you are paralyzed.

I’ve been attempting dream recall and lucid dreams for the last few days now (a.k.a completely obsessing over it), and while I have had a degree of progress, I have a few questions that I’m curious about.

First off, how long would it take normally for sleep-paralysis in WILD to progress to a dream, and is there any way to be certain that it has or will soon happen? I tried it today after dinner, and while I’m certain I got into the right state without falling asleep, I involuntairily swallowed and immediately woke up after about forty minutes. I was also twitching quite a bit involuntarily, so I woner if it’s normal for these reactions to happen, or is there something else to explain it?

I’ve been feeling unusually tired the last two days, too. It has noting to do with how long or how short I went to sleep for, since both nights of sleeping where what I’d consider normal. I think it has something to do with my dreams, but I haven’t remembered them the last two nights. It also didn’t feel quite like how it feels to not have enough sleep or having too much sleep - or even how groggy people like me get in the morning. It’s really perculiar, and I was wondering if anyone else had felt like that.

And, last but not least, is it okay to switch between methods of keeping yourself awake while trying to get into a lucid dream through WILD? I started counting to one hundred, focused on my breathing, focused on my heart beat, chanted what I wanted to happen, recounted lyrics to songs I liked, focused on the colors and dots on the back of my eyelids (even made them turn green for a little bit), and talked to what I think where my hypnogogic imagery. Is it okay to do that?

The time it takes for a dream to develop from being in SP is difficult to say with any certainty. It will most likely depend on how sleepy you are. I have heard a number of people saying that they have experienced twitching I believe it is normal. If it becomes a problem I would try tensing my entire body and holding for a few seconds before starting relaxation.

Personally I am doubtful that dreaming or lucid dreaming could make you feel tired. There are another few possibilities I can think of, such as, when you are sleeping. I found that when I started getting up earlier and going to sleep earlier, still getting the same amount of sleep as before, I felt tired. If you have an illness of some kind, like a cold or whatever, that can also make you feel like you need more sleep.

Personally I would avoid switching techniques so quickly, I don’t think it would give you a fair evaluation. If you are finding it is frustrating you, then I can understand, but I feel it would work better if you are fully focused on the technique you are trying, rather than trying to decide at the time, if it is working.

This is a split topic, the next part is First Steps to WILD part IV (Basic WILD Q&A). :dragon: