[center]Now it is official - the game will be made!
Is This Reality?[/center]
Is This Reality? is a free indie 2-dimensional pixel art retro adventure game that is based on dreams.
The main focus of the game will be on talking with dream characters and finding clues, which leads you to solving a puzzle which leads you to another level. This game will not be based of gameplay and battle, in fact it will not include battle at all.
The game starts in a math class. As always, you’re bored. The only thing you can do is sleep, and when you sleep you get fascinating dreams. You’ll meet your subconsciousness and it is going to lead you through the game. The whole game will be one single dream, and on the side note every level will be a dream. This will be accomplished by dreams within dreams, false awakenings and such. It gives the game a complicated feel. You will not have much lucid powers. It is impossible to make.
- “Is This Reality?” will be something in between Monkey Island Series and Machinarium. Dialogs will be similar like in the movie Waking Life.
- Dynamic, non-linear story. The story will be like a maze, with a lot of ways to the exit. This is why you can finish the game in 50 hours or in 50 minutes. Maybe even less. Maybe even more, it all depends on how you solve puzzles.
- Game based on talking, puzzles, riddles, finding clues.
- No battle, it is an adventure game. It is not a platformer.
- Every few levels a new dream, but you don’t wake up until the end of the game. This is because there will be dreams within dreams, scene transitions, false awakenings and such. This gives the game a complicated touch.
- You will be lucid near the beggining of the dream, but you will choose to listen up to DCs because you find their stories interesting, and you think its just you speaking with yourself.
- So the game is not about becoming lucid, its about exploring the dreamworld. The game will feature some information about lucid dreams so thoes who have never heard of lucid dreams get interested in it.
- Pixel art made graphics (Google it!)
- Will probably be made in AGS - Adventure Game Studio (If I don’t switch soon)
- Its a game about dreams. Ofcourse its weird, trippy and foggy at the same time. Graphics will change as you go trough the game (and as your SC changes emotions).