gotu kola made me astral project

Awsome, thanks for the link. I might give it a shot…

I just ordered some, should be here in a few days… I will give a report.

How do you use them? Drink an extraction of wood or something? And how are those vibrations caused is it beause the body relaxes or somethig else?

the woods are incense. you burn it and the smoke wafts around the room. I don’t know what the vibrations come from, never tried it

Yep, thanks for the advice. That’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the past year. Drinking herbal tea every day and avoiding green and black teas (I miss Earl Grey :sad: ) I usually have a mix of mint, lavendar and gotu kola every morning. I bought it in bulk dry herbs but I also take fresh mint from my herb garden. Soon I’ll also have some chrysanthemum which is good for flu symptoms.

I thought caffine helps with DR?

Well back when I used to be able to drink caffiene before I developed a total intolerence to it, it used to give me really messed up dreams. There were really vivid and long. I think there was something elses going on with my brain at the time though because I was realy tired and depressed all the time back then so it could have been anything.

I tried a big jar of gotu kola but it didnt give me lds…but i must say it sharpened my awareness while meditating. :smile:

Jeff

Okay I tried Gotu yesterday and I must say WOW!!! I had a very weird experince. It was like I had a waking dream or something. Okay I will try to explain as best as I can. I am in bed with my girlfriend (we are just sleeping folks) :smile: I am half woke just lying there when suddenly I started to move towards my girlfriend and we began hugging, kissing, and caressing each other. It was nice, REAL NICE. For about a minute I thought it was real. The sensations and the heat of the moment told me it was real. BUT THEN something in my brain clicked… My girlfriend don’t like to cuddle! You have to know her, when she is trying to sleep your best bet is to stay within your own territory in the bed. In her mind romance and sleep don’t mix!

Then a second thought came into my mind. I have gone Lucid!! Then I acutally was able to wake up and find my self in the same position that I was originally in. But here is the kicker… With very little effort I was able to go back to the same Lucid dream. I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF but becuase I work the gravyard shift I had to cut my adventure short. I had to force myself out of bed. That was pretty incredible. I hope that I can get a repeat soon.

At the start of the thread there was a mention that gotu is called brahmi.
It isn’t.

Well I read about brahmi, it increases awareness too, so it could work perhaps.

A scientific study held in Australia found that brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) does indeed increase memory and awareness.

I was just curious as to where i could possibly purchase Gotu Kola and/or Wild Lettuce? Any of which or both would be of good help. Maybe GNC???

a guy i know’s dad is a certified zen monk and he smokes pot and drinks once in a while, but i don’t think that’s for meditational purposes…

they aren’t… entirely… opposed to substance use though, it’s sort of a mixed school of thought… “everything in moderation including moderation” some will advocate using a drug to achieve the meditation results you want just so you know what it’s like, so it helps you get back on your own.

what is imperative is that it does not become a crutch or a habit if you intend to cultivate your own meditation skills.

what type of store would I purchase this at? how does much does it sell for and how is it used? im Candadian so anyone who knows Canadian prices would be a great help :wink:

Oh, gotu kola is good for meditation, i tried it and it stimulates your third eye. Also keeps your mentally sharp, focussed. However i found out if u take it everyday it stops working so good as often with things u use everday.