hearing voices at night

That is completely normal and is called HH.

I had it too when I tried to WILD, it scared me SO much that I slept with the light on for 1 week and didn’t start to LD again until the summer of 04.

I came to the forums and found out what it was.

I heard what sounds like TV snow just really really high pitched and what I described as a demon talking to me, I Know there are no such things that’s just how I’d describe it.

Just stay calm and get past it, you are actually close to LUCID dreaming.

And last night on the chat you kept joining and saying “is anyone here?” and when I’d reply you’d log off. What’s up with that?

He actually logged off right before you replied, so he never saw you were there. He didnt stay connected more than a bit over a minute, so didnt get a chance to reply hehe.

yeah, i signed in and waited but i got kind of impacient (or however you spell that word) so i got off and went to the forum, sorry.

i was just wondering because this NEVER happened to me until after i started doing wild. so i guess i dont fall asleep as quick anymore or somthing

I have that too!
Voices, images whatever :grin:
I normally hear my mothers voice.

I mostly see images, though. Midgets running aimlessly around, bags of potato chips talking to me, severed heads reading my books…

i never see images

thats kind of weird you hear your mother, lol :tongue:

I think that’s normal. People may have visual, tactile (somesthetic) or auditive hypnagogic hallucinations while WILD’ing. Generally, you’re not aware of this, but it always happens. Now you developped a better awareness of those things, that’s all.

when i try to wild I dont see images either
i often hear one of my friends talking though, but i can never understand what he’s saying but i just hear him talking

and i dont understand what they say i just here a yell or talking.

also sometimes im so close to sleeping and im not aware of myself much anymore then all the sudden my hand or leg jerks and it wakes me up all the sudden and i never noticed it until now.

i guess i am just more aware now, coooooolll

Myoclonic jerks. There was a little thread about this.

This is common, and as Anamcara says is probably a HH. Since you also got this while awake, were u tired? because i know that i have been on the computer till the early hours and your more or less asleep!

If u want it to stop, try being less aware of yourself during the night (as this is obviously a skill you have learnt). Also try to think of what u have done during the day and let yourself slowely drift off to sleep.

Its that awareness that produces the HH and limb jerking. I know because i get the exact same thing. I actually dont mind it, since my aim is to achieve lucidity anyway…

Good luck!

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes it is the beginnings of a dream, but sometimes, I have received messages which went on to become true. I know this makes me sound like a nutcase, but really, it has happened.

I think it is clairaudience - hearing the spirit world. I have learned what is dream and what comes from spirit - there is a distinct clarity to the spirit messages, and the sentences make sense - whereas dream voices often speak gobbledygook.

This is just my experience of course, I am not asking anyone to believe me - I know it’s true.

Sue x

Hi, These voices… if they are HH when you are falling to sleep then what on earth are they when your fully awake?? I have heard the odd few voices, but usally when I’m awake! The most wierd one was about two years ago & I was in the car with my partner, my friend & my new-born daughter. We had just pulled up out side my friend’s house when I heard a real deep male voice waffleing something to me! The voice spoke really loud, but I still could’nt make out what it was saying! wierd thing was that I could only hear the voice through the left ear! I turned to my partner who was on my right (thinking this odd as I had heard voice on my left side). “what were you saying?” I asked. “didn’t say anything” he said. Ok I thought, seems odd but I’ll ask my friend what she had said to me (even tho it was a male voice!) it was after all coming from the left side (where she was at) “What did you say?” I asked her. “didn’t say a word” she replied. ok now this is odd i thought & stupidly glanced at my sleeping baby thinking it could have been her (but not a chance can a new born baby speak in a loud deep male voice).
I then asked both my friend and patner if they had heard anything, but none of them had heard a thing, I couldn’t understand this as it was a very loud voice and we didn’t have the radio on or anything. So I just thouhght to myself either Iam going bonkers or someone is trying to contact me! who knows??? It has happened since, but it is never as strong as it was that day!

You know I’m glad psychicsue you said what you did. I’ve never experienced the hallucinations that others have mentioned which come with HH experiences. The voices I have heard.

Like psychicsue I too have experienced things that have come true from these voices.

Hi srh!
It may happen sometimes. Perhaps once or twice by year, I hear someone calling me (during daytime). It’s often my mother’s voice. It’s something rather current indeed. It may be explained by a temporary disconnection (due to fatigue, or because we just have woken up?) of the prefrontal brain cortex areas, though I suppose there are no scientific research about that, cause it’s random too much.

I think that maybe it is your mind opening up to new possibilities and that you should not be scared. Try and look at it as a positive approach and see if you can make it better.

I have this once in a while, more if I actually try to listen to it. The first time I heard somebody call my name. I figured it must have been one of my parents and I actually called “What?” back, but no one answered. The second major time I was in bed and kept hearing random things like “February 12th, no school,” or “I didn’t know he was Japanese.” The most recent time I was just amusing myself by listening to what they were saying as I fell asleep… something about ‘the munchkin liason.’

ive had the voices and the jerks…the voices were cool, cuz i heard them first as high pitched sounds, then i realized they were turning into words, usually screams or commands…
the jerks were the scariest though, cuz i would be near sleep, then i would realize how close i was to falling asleep and my whole body would jerk really hard and i would be like ‘aahhhhhh!!’
lol

I have had times when I awake and think it was voices that woke me. I figured it could have been me or my partner talking in their sleep :content:

When I tried polyphasic sleep for a few days this happened to me. I was normal again after I got some real sleep, though.

Yeah, I’ve had this thing happen to me twice. Difference is I wasn’t even trying to WILD, this was before I knew anyhting about LDs. Both times I was on the verge of sleeping, when I’d hear an evil laughter. It scared me, but I just thought I must be crazy and forgot about it.