hearing voices at night

Hi srh!
It may happen sometimes. Perhaps once or twice by year, I hear someone calling me (during daytime). It’s often my mother’s voice. It’s something rather current indeed. It may be explained by a temporary disconnection (due to fatigue, or because we just have woken up?) of the prefrontal brain cortex areas, though I suppose there are no scientific research about that, cause it’s random too much.

I think that maybe it is your mind opening up to new possibilities and that you should not be scared. Try and look at it as a positive approach and see if you can make it better.

I have this once in a while, more if I actually try to listen to it. The first time I heard somebody call my name. I figured it must have been one of my parents and I actually called “What?” back, but no one answered. The second major time I was in bed and kept hearing random things like “February 12th, no school,” or “I didn’t know he was Japanese.” The most recent time I was just amusing myself by listening to what they were saying as I fell asleep… something about ‘the munchkin liason.’

ive had the voices and the jerks…the voices were cool, cuz i heard them first as high pitched sounds, then i realized they were turning into words, usually screams or commands…
the jerks were the scariest though, cuz i would be near sleep, then i would realize how close i was to falling asleep and my whole body would jerk really hard and i would be like ‘aahhhhhh!!’
lol

I have had times when I awake and think it was voices that woke me. I figured it could have been me or my partner talking in their sleep :content:

When I tried polyphasic sleep for a few days this happened to me. I was normal again after I got some real sleep, though.

Yeah, I’ve had this thing happen to me twice. Difference is I wasn’t even trying to WILD, this was before I knew anyhting about LDs. Both times I was on the verge of sleeping, when I’d hear an evil laughter. It scared me, but I just thought I must be crazy and forgot about it.