Help to fall asleep when thinking Lucid

I’m having this problem going to sleep when trying to to have a lucid dream. I’ve read that if you think and repeat phrases about lucid dreaming in your head before you fall asleep it will increase the likelihood of having a lucid dream. So while im in bed I repeat the phrase “the next scene will be a dream” or “im going to become lucid tonight”, but the problem im having is I cant get to sleep when i repeat or think about lucid dreaming BUT when i stop thinking next thing I know I’m waking up in the morning. This always happens. If someone could give me tips on how to help me or any other ways that has worked for them it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Muppet.

I have no idea if it’d work but you could say something that includes you going to sleep. Such as when you say ‘The next scene will be a dream’ you could say ‘I will fall asleep and realise I’m in a dream’ or something of equal meaning.

alright, will try tonight, will post back tomorrow and inform you if it remotely helped. Thanks for the help.

Hi muppet, and welcome :welcome:

For more ideas on phrases you can use, as well as the state of mind you’ll want to be in for autosuggestion, I’d suggest you read this topic.

It’s definitely one of my favorites :smile:

alright, thank Rhewin, will definitely go through. :smile: