HILD method

I have been listening to lucid dream meditations/hypnotization at night, the videos are usually around 2 hours. They give positive suggestions. It has helped me get lucid dreams a few times, it would probably work better if I used the recordings with headphones.

Anyways, I’ve never read much about this technique and if you’ve tried it tell me what your experience with it is! (hypnosis induced lucid dreaming)

Oh wow I had forgotten this one. It was all the rage a while ago. While I liked the nice calming state, it didn’t really seem to do much for me. The good thing about it is that it makes you think about dreaming and lucid dreaming. The more you think about it and the more you set expectations, the better your chances. So while I can’t directly attribute an LD to this technique, I think it’s good to do.

One note, only use headphones if you’re sure you’re not gonna strangle yourself and if you can normally sleep with them. They’re a huge distraction to me. The only real benefit is blocking other noises. After all, when you go in for actual clinical hypnosis, it’s not like the therapist is talking to you through a mic and headphones.

yes, i thought headphones might be dangerous when sleeping.