How can I lengthen my LDs ?

Hello all !
I sort of have a problem, and I’ll be grateful if anyone can help…
I am quite satisfied with the number of Lucid Dreams I’m having. However, most of them are very short. Can anyone please help me ?
[/quote]

Hmmm… Why are your dreams very short ? Do you wake up ? Do your dreams fade ? Do you fall again in a normal dream ? Could you please give more details about how your LDs end ?

I have the same problem. Usually if I jump up and try to fly or go through something the dream fades and everything turns black. I am still asleep however. I dont realize this until I am truly awake.

One thing ive done in the past was to concentrate on one object and just stare at it when the dream appeared to be fading. I did that, then looked up after a few seconds and the dream was still there. This also improves clarity, try it out.
you both could also try this technique:
[url]Dream Reentry Technique]
good luck :smile:

If you notice the dream is beginning to fade away, try the spinning technique or rub your hands. The last one works excellent to most people to stabilize and clarify the dream again. But when you do it, keep saying to yourself you’re dreaming so you remain conscious enough, because especially with the spinning technique, you could enter another dreamscape and lose lucidity.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your replies.
I’ll give more details Basilus. Most of my LDs fade away, but some end abruptly.
I have tried the spinning technique, but its effect was temporary. I regained my vision, but as soon as I stopped spinning, it started fading again, and a second spin didn’t bring it back.
I have also tried rubbing my hands together to increase the vivid of the dream. Nothing happened really, but the dream was of satisfiying length. However, I am not sure as to whether this was due to my action, because I occasionly do have lengthy lucid dreams. Another thing is that the first time I tried rubbing my hands together, I woke up !
Next time, I think I’ll try concentrating on an object. I hope it works…

Hey Dragon, I just read your post from the link you posted. I am going to try the technique for sure next time a dream of mine fades away. Thanks, it sounds like an effective method, and I believe it should work for me.
I just hope the dream doesn’t end abruptly… :content: