How can i start lucid dreaming

moved from gathering

Hey everyone im Above 16 male and wondering where do i start this progress of lucid dreaming?

I would start by going to sleep.

In all seriousness go here ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … r=asc&&sta

That’s a splendid advice! May I use that in my further answers to a similar question? :happy:

On topic though, firstly you must increase your dream recall. You would certainly not want to forget a LD (which is very easy to forget in fact). Therefore, get a DJ. Have a dream journal near your bed so you can write down your memories from the sleep immedeately after waking up. In a short period of time you should boost your dream recall considerably. A dream journal is the holy grail of lucid dreamers. As well as serving a good purpose as a dream recall booster, it also gives you a lot of nice memories when you read it i.e. after 2-3 years etc.

The second step would be to increase your awareness. Choose 2-3 RC’s that you would use to check if you are dreaming or not. Do these RC’s whenever you see a DS or just think about it. Makes sure you do them with the right mind - always think that you are, in fact, dreaming, even if you know it is the WL. If you do these RC’s long enough, they should become a habit and transfer into your dreams as well.

Thirdly, you should choose some techniques. Most of them can be found in the FAQ/Tutorials section of the forum. Read through some like MILD, WILD, WBTB, DEILD etc. and choose some that suit you. Everyone is different and applies techniques differently, therefore there is no “ideal” way of having LD’s. You must choose the path yourself, and we will be happy to answer any questions if you face any problems. Good luck :smile:.

I would recommend ‘Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming’ by Stephen LaBerge. It’s the book on lucid dreaming. Everything you need to know to get started is right there. I’m sure you can find it in any local book store or possibly your local library. You can also find a copy on ebay or amazon for a great price.