How can I stop having lucid dreams?

I know infinity, I know. But that’s what LaBerge wrote in his book.

Are you taking DMA? If so i think i may have found your answer…

Witch means you could have alot of lucid dreaming, or not enough sleep.

Hey, I’ve got an idea! Give your lucidity to me! =0) Just concentrate real hard and say “Cherriey now has all my dream awareness.” heheh It might work and then I’ll be rich! … did I just type that out loud?

how could you not feel rested when yor sleeping? its an LD, but your still resting

your sleeping 10 hours?!

nonononono thats bad, dont do that
a recent study has shown that people who sleep more than 8 hours have shorter lives

also i think its counter productive

I’d like to see a link/reference to that study, please. :smile:

The average person should get atleast 7-8 hours sleep a night…anyway, to the poster: I wish I had your lucidity! :cool_laugh:

[color=darkblue]This is an average based on how long it takes to drift into a deep sleep and how long it takes to come out of one (should be 2 hours either way).

The SAS train themselves into being able to go into a deep sleep within minutes so they can actually function well on only 4 hours sleep. I’m not sure how they do it; I’ll have to find that out.

Also it is worse to exceed the recommended amount of sleep than it is too get a little less up to a certain point. I.e. 7 hours is better than 12 believe it or not! 12 just makes you lazy![/color]

Man I wish I had your problems. So many people have trained for so long to do what you would call a curse :sad:

Have you considered using your gift to further the research of lucid dreaming? Someone with talent of your magnitude could be a very valuable volunteer to a researcher. Maybe get in contact with the Lucidity Institute?

At the very least they might be able to offer you advice on how to stop it.

Aww c’mon people you’re all so smart this is obviously a joke… Being bored of Lucid Dreams and ‘Waiting’ for them to pass by… thats just nonsence… you’re not waiting for your days to pass by either are you… there’s enough stuff to do in your Lucid dreams, basically even more then in real life. Read the post again with the word “sarcasm” in the back of your head. Besides ‘IF’ you would only have Lucid Dreams how do you become lucid, how do you recognize the dream and how do you distinguish your dreams from real life ?

[color=darkblue]I know it’s hard to imagine since we all strive for LD’s here, but everyone is different and I think cantsleep wrote some valid points for wanting to give it up.

LD is an individual thing. Just because you enjoy it isn’t to say that it can’t be the bane of someone elses life! [/color]

Kaizu, I don’t think so. Just a few days before this post was submitted, I have read a blog on which the blogger explained that she changed her diet (she stopped smoking) and she got LD’s (because in her dreams, she was smoking and it makes her realize it was a dream). She didn’t like those dreams and was upset by having them. So I think it’s possible.

Sleeping for 10 hrs can be just as disruptive as sleeping for 5 hrs. Try cutting down to 8 hrs, that’s the usual need. When I sleep for 10 hrs, or even 12 hrs sometimes, I usually feel pretty wasted in the morning.

Also, you should not feel your LDs are a problem. As you see here, thousands of people want what you get, so just appreciate it! With a positive attitude to it I think you will feel better. Maybe you could try to create real soothing dreams? Meditation, listening to calm dream music, such things.

Still, I have never had your problem, so it might be really annoying. I don’t think anyone knows how to quit it though.

Yes, there are other people aswell who have complained about the same thing. So I don’t think this is a joke.

How I wish to have that “prblem”

I’ve been trying to have lucid dreamas every night without sucsess, I even downloaded a file from Warpmymind direct link to vendor deleted called curse lucid dreaming, which is supposed to curse you with hypnosis to have lucid dreams for the rest of your life, but it isn working…

But friend I hope that you find a way to sleep right, maybe with some sleep drugs, or by doing excersise…

Correct me if I’m wrong because I haven’t had any really long LD’s but has when I get to that point will I be tired if I enjoy some really nice long LD’s. I mean it seems kind of like a catch 22- Have LD’s but no rest… or perhaps it just depends on the person???

Well I hate to say it, but like Kaizu I am somewhat skeptical of your stated problem. In my experience lucid dreaming is no more tiring than regular dreaming. However, on the chance that you actually are having a problem with this I offer some suggestions.

As many have already stated sleeping for 10 hours per night might be too much sleep. So try getting up earlier and see what happens.

Once you have adjusted yourself to a healthy sleep pattern if you are still plagued with lucid dreams and are tired of “playing” then use you dreams to learn more about yourself or for self improvement. Try and explore your dream environment to see what secrets you might reveal.

Anyway, if none of that interests you, then as soon as you notice that you are dreaming simply do nothing. Just stand there and stay as detached from the dream as possible. You will quickly lose lucidity and drift back into normal dreaming.

I hope that made sense and helps you.

Warning: most of this probably isn’t anything you care to read, so if you want, you can just skip down to the part that says “**HERE.”

I found I had a bit of the same problem when I first learned about lucid dreaming. I was so excited about the thought of lucid dreaming, that I though about it all the time, and just tried to imaginge what it was like.

Then, after just a few haphazard attempts at WILD, I just started becoming lucid. Every night, I just became lucid, even without WILDing or thinking about it. I didn’t actually try manipulating my dreams, I just marvelled at how clear and real everything was. I would just sit there, watching my dreams, knowing that I was dreaming, and that nothing here in this dream world was actually real.

It was cool at first, but then, like you said, It started getting boring. KNowing that none of it was real sort of took away from the effect of the dreams. You know, like knowing the ending of a book your reading takes away from the suspense.

**HERE

To try and fix this, because I too couldn’t just stop the lucidity, I tried not to concentrate on lucidity, which was easy, since I sort of wished I’d never ‘learned’ the ability, if you could even say that I learned how to become lucid.

This actually didn’t work too well. There is a game named ‘The Game’ in which you try not to remember this game named ‘The Game’. When you remember it, you lose, and there is no way to win.

I was sort of playing ‘The Game’ except ‘The Game’ was actually ‘Lucid Dreaming’. See, I’m trying not to remember, but the idea of lucidity was still imbedded in my subconcious, and every time I went to bed, I would become lucid because this idea was still stuck there in my head.

Eventually I was able to stick even deeper into my subconscious, that I don’t want to be lucid every night.

A short term solution for me, however, was to go to bed very late, and that is something I discovered over the week ends, when I usually went to bed at 4am.

ANYWAY! Maybe one of those two things will work. I’m basically able to control when I’m lucid now, so, blah.

CIAO!

My brother has found that hangovers are a 4 day cure for lucidity, if that helps at all.

Im probably beginning to understand why you wouldnt want LD’s every night…They’re something special and all, but ND’s also have their purpose and seriously, we all need a break.

Good luck on it all, let us know how it goes. :smile:

I have had this problem and so have other LDers. I would not change your diet, it sounds very healthy. Perhaps it was the increase of vitamin b6 in your diet which triggered your LDs since b6 is known to cause more vivid dreaming.

I have in the past trained my brain to enter a lucid dream within 15 to 20 minutes after going to bed. I used hypnagogic imagery as a gateway to a lucid dream. I could spend hours every night lucid dreaming but this ability has a downside for me as well as for some other LDers I have known.

Some side effects of excessive lucid dreaming that have been reported are headaches, being overly tired the next day, memory problems and symptoms that mimic narcolepsy. I have had all these symptoms and it made me quit LDing several times. I do not know if all proficient LDers have these problems or only some of us.

To stop dreaming lucidly I can tell you what works for me. When you find yourself in a lucid dream wake yourself up. Get up, turn on the light, splash some cold water on your face what ever it takes to fully awaken then tell your yourself to stop LDing. Then go back to bed and give yourself the suggestion that when you dream you will only have normal dreams. You have to be persistent to have this work. It may take a week or more and your brain may resist. Problems you may encounter with this technique is multiple false awakenings and sleep paralysis but it eventually works at least for me.

Good Luck!