How did this LD happen?

Hey guys, I was on LD4all a while back but then school took over my LDs :tongue: . Now I’m determined to get back into LDing permanently. I had my first LD since I started my recent attempts earlier this week.

I woke up at about 1am and I felt quite thirsty, so I got up and drank some water. I had recently read about “resisting the roll-over signal” so I decided to try something when I got back to bed. I got comfortable and refused to roll over, even when I began to feel uncomfortable. I repeated to myself, “I’m dreaming… I’m dreaming…” continuously. I’m not 100% sure if I lost consciousness or not, but the next thing I remember is lying in bed, and just knowing that I was dreaming. I got up and did an RC and it worked.

The interesting thing to me is that I seemed to know I was dreaming from the get-go, and I didn’t experience the “rush” when you usually become lucid in a DILD. The LD was also quite hard to control, although I felt very lucid.

So what do you guys think? Was it a WILD? Was it the autosuggestion that worked? It felt waaaay to easy, and I don’t feel like autosuggestion works that well with me.

I’m just looking for people’s opinions :smile:

/+1 I had an ld like this once. I automatically knew I was dreaming without doing anything.

You should totally listen to two0426, it clearly knows what it’s talking about.

Just kidding. It sounds like a WILD to me. Other people will probably disagree since it’s possible that you didn’t maintain consciousness all through it.

Wow, sockpuppetting bots. I swear, they have a new trick up their sleeves every time I meet them.

T3RM1N4TOR, some call those dreams “lucid wakings”, and it’s very cool to have them :happy: but some argue that in some dreams there’s too much realism to exert some good active control, so I suggest using the passive form instead :wink:

Last night, I felt like i almost had a LD. my second one. I C-WILD after 5 hours of sleep. I felt so relaxed, and next thing i know i swear i could have been lucid but i wasn’t… :sad:

Hmm I will definitely check that out. It’s interesting I also ended up doing quite a few RCs to make sure I really was dreaming because it was very realistic. I guess that’s why I had very little control - part of me was unsure whether this was real or not.

Thanks for the link :content: