How did you come to know of LD? (1 question 4 all here :-))

On a date.

We talked about astral projection. I had no idea what it was. It sounded interesting and scary at the same time. Then I found out that lucid dreaming was a close tie in. I did some research and found the ability to control my dreams was really fascinating, more so than astral projection.

I came to know of Lding by doing it.
I was 4ish and had a LD.
I then continued to LD as my life went on.
I had always just called it controlling my dreams untill one day I looked into it more and found out it was called Lucid Dreaming.

I guess I’m just a natural Lucid Dreamer.

Well. I watched vanilla sky and heard lucid dreaming. I went on wikipedia (woo) and researched it. It said a dream where you know you are dreaming, so I thought, oh, I thought it was something interesting. Nevertheless, I kept researching it, ended up here, and voila.

Well, I was irritated cause I couldn’t remember any dreams I had. So I went searched around a little on google and found a few sites describing how to remember your dreams and eventually I found Lucid dreaming sites :colgate:

Actually, I didn’t start out looking for info on anything dream related!

Okay, to start with, I’m a writer. I love writing stories, poems, and just about anything. And I was having serious writer’s block that day, so I decided to look for inspiration on the web (I find inspiration in strange places, I know :tongue: ). Well, on one site, I read that recording dreams every morning can help improve creativity and has been known to help cure writer’s block. I shrugged and thought, heck, why not? Dreams had always been a fairly interesting subject to me anyway. So I started Googling dreams and stuff (I’ve got a short attention span when it comes to the web). And I happened upon this little site, which turned out to be one of my most frequently visited websites!

I saw questions about it floating around on Yahoo Answers, so I looked the term up, and really liked the idea :smile:

I read about it in the God(and me)-forsaken GameFAQs “boards”.

For a daydreamer like me, you could imagine the excitement.

Ah, the old days.

I read about it on a site called wikiHow, a site with lots of user-submitted guides for things. LDing was a featured guide. I though it was something to do with drugs or summit lol, but I’ve always liked dreaming, so checked it out. The guide on there didn’t go very in-depth at all, so I found an FAQ from the Lucidity Institute, then after a while found here.

I was reading a magazine, and it had an article about lucid dreaming.
Later, someone on an other forum mentioned this site :content: