How do you keep DJs and reality checks interesting?

new title was ‘hi everyone’

About me and my LD experience: My name is Andres, and i am a 23 yo male from Ecuador.
I first heard about lucid dreaming when i started researching about sleep paralizis. (I had regular sleep paralizis a couple of years ago, i still do but only when i drasticly change my sleep habits). I started trying to lucid dream a couple of months ago, and succeded in about a week. It was a really short and my lucidity wasn’t all that great, but still it was awesome. So i decided to keep going. I didn’t have another lucid dream for like 2 weeks. My very next lucid dream, was even shorter and a bit scary. I realizes i was dreaming and suddenly my dream turned into nightmare. I managed to confront it, but none the less i woke up. (Intense feelings woke me). After this happend i decided to research more about lucid dreams, and i found out there are some techniques to increase lucidity and to try and hold on to the lucidity. This helped me alot during my next lucid dream. I managed to wake up in a dream and increase my lucidity by trying to look at my hands and get naked. (Lols sounds weird to get naked, but it worked for me :grin:. That dream is the most amazing dream i have ever had in my life. It was the first time i actually used my senses in a dream. I wasn’t just thinking and watching, i could touch and smell aswell. I didn’t have that much control over my dream scenario, but i felt i had full control over the story line. I didn’t do much on this dream, i spent most of the time touching walls, picking up sand and interacting with the scenario as much as i could. I was amazed by the reality of it all. This dream lasted a bit longer than my previouse dreams, and right after i woke up i felt like i was just taken out of the wraper. It was a brand new me, i had aenergy to do anything that day. (Used it all reading about lucid dreaming :wink:. After that dream i didn’t get any other lucid dream ever. But i realize that it is my fault. I stopped my Dream journal and i stopped my reality checks. Pretty soon i even stopped recalling my dreams. Basicly i gave up on lucid dreaming because it semmed too much work for too little reward. And also because i normally smoke marihuana before going to bed(something i then realized was messing with my sleep, so i decided to smoke earlier xD or not smoke at all if it was close to bed time). Soon after i stopped doing weed b4 bed, i started recalling my last my last dreams of the morning, and this has my hopes to lucid dream again in an all time high. I have been spending some time reading about lucidity, and i hope to get a lucid dream withing this month. Well i guess that is a pretty extensive background regarding my LD experiences.

I’ve read a couple of articles on this website, and i’ve noticed that people are really warm hearted and kind on this forum. I would like to ask you guys for a little help.
I am the kind of person that needs to make things interesting in order to stay focused. I day dream alot, i am often forgetfull and i am very very distracted. I would like to hear from you guys any kind of tips or suggestions to help me focus on reality checks and dream journals without it been boring. I decided dream recall is the way to go for me, since i wouldn’t like having lucid dreams but not remembering them hehe.

Much love to everyone, and thanks in advance for all of your support.

Andres
PerfectSense

You sound a bit like me. :wink: Look at the LD’s you had, look at how many LD’s some people have on this forum, look at all the great stuff they do in their dreams, normal and lucid ones, at all the things you can experience, too! Is that really too little reward you earned and are able to earn? Whenever you lose interest in LD’ing, read other people’s DJ. :smile:

I suggest you read this guide, it has very good pieces of advice about DR and keeping a DJ. Your DJ should be something personal, it should feel special to you. It doesn’t matter how you keep it, which media you use, what it looks like, as long as you’re comfortable with it. Always look at the nice parts of a dream and try to go into as much detail as possible, you will be surprised about how much you can write about a single fragment if you describe everything you remember! If only writing your dreams down is too boring for you, you can do a lot more with them: analyzing, categorizing, labeling, drawing…

It’s important that you pick at least two RC’s (one main one and a back-up one) which you think will work for you. RC’s should be done every time you encounter a DS or something dream-like or unusual happens. Really question if you’re dreaming or awake, make a little quiz out of it, take your time, answer truthfully and observe and judge what’s happening around you and in your mind.

Hope this was a bit helpful. :smile: (And welcome to the forum!)

Hi Leijona,

I must tell you that your words really got to me. Infact, i just came back from buying my very own DJ and i also started researching more about the RCs. Thanks alot for the advise and for the warm welcome to this wonderful community. I wish you the very best of life.

Andres
PerfectSense