how do YOU meditate?

I tried this and it feels like I’ve been meditating the wrong way before! (Not that there is a wrong way of course. :wink: )

It really depends on the situation im in.

If im at home, I will:
Listen to some music
Stare blankly into space
Take a nap :happy:
sleep
Practice playing my guitar and play some Rush or Tom Petty

If im at a friends place, I will:
Take a nap (if possable) :happy:
Play games of some sort with my friends
browse the internet, mostly on forum sites and share my honest opinions
Sleep (if spending the night)

If im at school (this is interesting):
Take a nap in a class I dont care about/technically passed but school decided to put me in it agian (world history) :happy:
take a nap during lunch :happy:
doze off in a class thats REALLY laid back
Play video games on my laptop in class when my teacher is lecturing and we have to take notes (have a window of word open, and a window of Minecraft running).

I may seem like a lazy person in school. But really I get good grades. Mostly B’s and C’s, with an A here or there. Maby a D if could careless about a class (world history. I like history, hate the class, teacher sucked). F if i just dont care (Japanese class. teacher sucked). And I enjoy school. It can be fun, meet new people, make friends, do some after school activities to make more friends and to kill time because theres nothing to do after school (besides homework. I do that IN school).

Does sleeping/napping count as meditating? I think it does…

I have to admit that I probably don’t meditate nearly as much as I should. Having said that, the few times that I do meditate I usually just sit down somewhere quiet. I close my eyes and start clearing my mind.

I usually do this by “waving away” the most irrelevant thoughts. I acknowledge them for what they are, and then I let go, leaving me with only a few things that I can focus my mind on. Sometimes it’ll be a sound, at other times I visualize some beautiful place. Or I combine the two.

I can’t really get to the “completely blank mind” part yet, so I just go for “as little as possible.” I can usually keep that up for a good five or ten minutes, which is enough to get me into more of a zen-mode most of the time.