How do you notice weird things as dreams? *NT

somtimes i notice weird things and somtimes it the reality check that gets me lucid.
along the lines of talking to people about dreams i had a LD which was triggered by a guy in the room i was eating in asking his mate if he had done a reality check-i assumed that they were novice LDrs, but decided it wouldnt hurt to check…at the time didnt have a watch (at the time i was always doing the double check watch method) so i asked one of the guys if i could use his-sure enough i was dreaming, weird.
but the worst is when you have a false awakening and end up telling a freind about the lucid dream you just had only to realy wake up a few moments later-leaves me hitting myself for being so stoopid!!!

I have trouble realising that i am dreaming as well. In one of my dreams there was a cat in a clock, and i didnt find that it was strange at all. Everything seemed completely normal. Rarely my dreams are like in real life. NOticing that a mailbox is misplaced woudlnt apply to me. How do you realise that weird things are weird. Like having a cat in clock teach me how to think that that’s weird.

I usually don’t notice wierd things and get lucid. Usually I just get lucid for no reason what so ever. There has only been a few reasons that I have gotten lucid from strange things. One was when I tried to push my hand trough a window and the other was when I picked up my phone with telekenisis.
I suppose it’s just a matter of learning your brain to be aware enough to get lucid when strange things happen.

The same thing is true for me. When I become Lucid from within a dream. I just suddenly realize that I am in a dream and become lucid. Even though nothing strange has happened that caused me to become lucid.