How exact, how accurate LD actually is?

3 days ago the idea pop in my mind. How exact, how accurate LD actually is if you compare it to physical world? My main task would be to compare my dream house with waking life house and yard if possible :grin: . So not how real can dream be but how accurate can be…

I thought that this should be maybe the best point for start because I do live in the same house for 22 years and I should know how it looks, every corner every detail. So I set my mind to actually achieve that. When I started to think about it I started to remember all kinds of dreams that took place in my house and each and every of them had something different compared to waking life house.Whether that was something little like chandelier, or something like a wall where should hallway be.

So 3 days after starting to have this goal in my mind I did have 2 LD’s last night. Both of them were RCILD. This kind of dreams are not regular to me and I was little bit surprised in the dream. I was more surprised how I become lucid by doing RC then I was surprised that everything I see was a dream.

So the first thing I remember is looking at my hands. Left hand had 5 normal fingers but right hand had only 4 although they looked normal. Then I lowered my hands and put them back up and count fingers. Again left ok, right not so ok. Still 4 fingers. Then I knew it a dream. But just to be sure to not do anything dream crazy I pinched my nose and I tried to breath. I was able to do so and then I was completely certain that I’m in a dream.

By that confirmation I found myself on my porch. With only goal in my mind I return to my kitchen as my starting point. I looked around and really everything is as is it in waking life. I really was surprised. Then I continued to the living room and there was everything in place, although there wasn’t a christmas tree. 2 theories came in my mind(in a dream). I thought it’s maybe because 99% of the year there is no christmas tree in my living room or it’s because I knew that I will get rid of it this very morning.As I continued to move forward I came to my porch again. Everything was ok.

In second dream I did the same exact thing but only with bedrooms and bathrooms. Everything seemed in the place.

I guess that this was the case because I wanted everything to be in a right place, if this was just another LD dream not related to my goal of comparing the house then I’m pretty sure that things would be out of order as usually.

3 things I learned.

1. You can recreate everything in a dream from waking life even to the smallest details as long as you have them in your memory.

2. Goal is very very important. If you don’t have one it means you have no motivation. If you have no motivation, it’s very hard to keep having LD’s.

3. Always keep a DJ. My DR is so bad at the moment that I didn’t recall 2 LD’s upon waking up. It came to me 10 minutes later, while I was still laying in bed.

So what’s you experience on the topic? :content:

This is very cool, always wondered if it was possible to get an exact recreation of a real life location. In the LDs I have had at real life locations there have always been dramatic differences like new rooms and an entire shopping centre on one occasion :content:

Again, intent is shown to be a powerful tool in the world of LD :smile:

Well from my experience it’s possible, like I said, it important to have it in your mind and also being lucid enough…

I guess that’s with everything even in waking life! :content:

I took a bus along the street outside my house in my normal dream, It is remarkable that a bridge was added (that is not in reality)

But I didn’t induce a lucid dream at that moment.( is this a dreamsign?) But finding differences between dreamscape and reality is really fun.

I guess a LD works similar, but you may make the “addition” parts that not present in reality disappear. ( I still haven’t have one LD!)

Dream sign is rather something that stick through most of your dreams. Like having a blue ring on your finger or moon on the sky or something third…

I’ve had quite a lot of dreams take place in my old house, everything was normal in there. It was completely lifelike. A couple of months ago we moved to a new house and then it all changed, I started having dreams which seemed to turn the new and the old house into one house. I would walk around in the new house, go through a door or something and then be in a room in the old house. This :happy: made me lucid once when I became completely lost in the strange maze that was the dreamhouse. I still quite often have dreams in which both the houses are combined, but more subtle. Some furniture or recognition points of the old house would be in the new one. My childhood house is slowly losing the fight against the new house. (an aww for nostalgia). I guess that in a few months my ‘new house’ will be lifelike in the dreams to. So I think that it is possible to completely recreate places in your mind, but only when you have a strict definition(memory) of the place where you are in your dream.