How high have you counted during WILD?

If you use counting as part of your WILD method then post the highest number you can remember getting to. I’m interested to see how long it takes most people and if they are close together.
I think I’ve only gotten to about 350 or something but I can’t really remember.

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

I said it before, and I’ll say it again.
I think counting in LD’s is WRONG!
Why?

Because when you count, you focus too much on counting.Counting is not repetitive, because every new number is different.You mustn’t focus too much during WILD.

You should ONLY focus on hypnagogic images, and not too much.
That’s just my opinion.

I don’t count when attempting wild. Counting stimulates the brain, which will keep me from falling asleep, even if I don’t move a muscle. It takes me a while to fall asleep anyway, since I just can’t stop thinking, lol.

so what do you guys reccomend to keep the focus off of reality?

Well, try to breathe in…and out…in…and out…in…out (and that’s where I fall asleep :tongue: )

Try that, it might work for you but I always fall asleep.I think I’m too relaxed.

Well, counting is more of an advice: If it doesn’t work for you, (If you get to such high numbers it is probably not for you) don’t use it.

As far as I know - the best way to keep the mental stimulation low is to miss the count. Either by returning to one when you get to ten, or just counting with nonsenical numbers - 1, 5, 23, 2… etc.

What I do sometimes, and have had some success, is to imagine I’m touching and rubbing something. I guess this could be considered visualization?

Anyway, when I count or focus on my breathing I usually fall asleep or don’t fall asleep. :tongue:

If I focus on rubbing my hands, or a table, or whatever… it helps because I’m putting my attention in the “imaginary world”. If you try to imagine how it feels with as much detail as possible, slowly you’ll feel as if you are actually rubbing! and then I just keep doing it and paying attention until the rest of the dream stabilizes around me…

This might only work, or be a lot easier, with chaining, where you wake up and don’t move at all, then do this.

How do you see the images? :sad: when I close my eyes all I see is black and bit of dark gray moving around. It’s never colourful.