How long are your LD's?

If you don’t count the 1-second short ones I’d have in the beginning, I’d say my average LD time would be 10 minutes… sometimes shorter and sometimes longer.

Hmm I actually have no idea how long typical LD’s last, it seems to be different for different people, and it also depends on how long you’ve been LDing.

If you want to make them longer, you could always try rubbing your hands together or do the spinning technique as soon as you feel yourself waking up.

It’s a recurring question. I merged it into this existing thread.

Here are another thread only about the longest LD duration.
Longest lucid dream?

My average LD’s are two minutes long.

My longest was 8 hours. My average is an hour or 2 like ND’s.

Wow. :eek:

8 hours long ! So you’ve been basically lucid all night long, including N-REM sleep ?

…and i didn’t know ND last 1 or two hours straight… :confused:

They don’t?
My dreams are always like that! The 8 hour LD was actually last night. At least, that’s how long it felt in the dream. I think you can slow down and speed up time in a LD. The 2 LD’s after were an hour each.

My lucid dreams have only been 10 seconds, 20 seconds, and 2 minutes. But I’ve only had 3. It’d be great if I could have a long lucid dream for once, maybe I’ll try slowing down time or something after I try flying.

From what i know, they last about 15 minutes during the first cycles and then get longer every cycle, and can last 1/2 an hour in the morning of an average night… :smile:

I think it was just a feeling of 8 hours. If not, you achieve the very goal of all tibetans monk, by making your entire sleep conscious. :tongue:

Mines last generlly a few minutes, from what i’ve read and experienced, I believe that time in LD is approximatively the same than IRL.

Waw! That’s great! :happy: I never had extended time in my LD’s, time is just the same as real. :sad:

Yet I think people are asking here for real time duration and not subjective duration. People who are interested in subjective time may find many threads about extending or stopping time in LD’s, etc.

It would be so good to stop time in LD. Exploring the world at your own speed !