How long was your longest lucid dream?

My longest LD lasted in like… 2 seconds.
Then: POOF! I wake up. Always the same.
(Happened about 5 times)

The most recent LD last about 3 or 4 min but it was exceptionnal, and my individual record…

Most of the time thet last about 30sec - 1min, but i still have LD’s that stop 2 sec after they started…

last nite i had a ld, which felt like like 30mins or so maybe hour… and im quessing it was around 15 mins in real life… so yay for me :slight_smile:

I have probably said this before, but my guess of my longest LD ever is about an hour.

If you can remember. Because somepeople have a few seconds and some people lasts about a good 6 hours.

Hi, Im new and this is my new post.:peek: I love reading about Lucid dreams but I think I’d start one tonight. Ha, I only had one in my life and that was when I was younger, But it was good before I woke up.

What was the longest lucid dream you ever have?

What seemed like 2 days! but Iam sure it was only as long as a REM period lasts. Its cool how time can be distorted in LD’s

a life time

20 minutes

[edit: oh and hi, welcome to the forum [Cheese .x. Head]]

can time really be distorted in a LD…thats awsome

if you were an experienced LDer could you control how long the dream lasted?

Thanks. :smile:

Yes You can fight off waking and prolong your LDing. Some have even had non REM LDs by doing that.

You can also reverse time. I have been able to rewind one of my LD’s and go through it all over again… really fun experiance

have you ever stopped time completely. It’s cool and kinda wierd. One time when I did it there was this bird frozen in mid flight. It felt so strange as I walk/floated by.

my longest ld seemed to last maybe 5 minutes.
I have heard about people having lifetime lucid dreams and it interests me. Dreamwalker, is the length of time you feel actually a lifetimes worth? How did you get it to last so long? was it prolonging techs? Were you able to do most of everything you wanted in that dream?

The one from last night lasted a good half hour. :grin:

I’m also interested in knowing more about this experience. I’ve seen several claims of people having prolonged (sometimes monstrously so) lucid dreams, yet I’ve never once seen a detailed account of such a dream.

It almost seems beyond doing. I just question it because i think about how long just a week actually feels and compare that to dreaming. If the journal was stable in the dream could you record at least 8 hours worth of material for each day then continue your dream life? How fluid is time? are there snippets of time missing? Im not sure where i read it but i heard of some guy that lived a completely seperate life in some space colony on another planet. This isn’t the first time i’ve heard of lifelong dreams either so im wondering how these people do it.

While the concept might be hard to look at, the actual technique can be extremely easy. I myself have done something like this (not for a lifetime however), and it was with something so simple. Basically in your LD, you visualise something, that has meaning to you, and you believe in it. To put that in an example, I made a pill appear in my pocket, and I “believed” it would make me have a day long lucid dream once I swallowed it. So I took the pill, swallowed it, and the dream did in fact last a days worth.

The reason why you don’t see people writing 8 hours worth of things from their dream each day, is because who would honestly spend that much time on one thing, when they have day things to worry about, like work. Not only that, but when you write about a long lucid dream, you start forgetting a lot of information, and sometimes get things mixed up. The easy way to put it, is using movies. You can watch a movie that lasts a span of a week in the film, and get information that covers that whole week, but only go over it all in 1 hour and a half.

Its cool that you extended your dream with just a pill, but a day is hardly a lifetime. Also what i meant by asking if they could record 8 hours worth was to get an idea of how much they could actually write for each dream if they wanted. Even the mundane details just to find out how if they’re experiencing more than snippets of a long period of time. I could have a dream where i was a teen then it cuts to adulthood and as quickly cuts to old age and say i dreamt a lifetime. I just wonder if the guy can follow a 24-7 routine if he wanted too.

Yes, correct a day is hardly a lifetime. However at the time I had no reason/intention to live a lifetime in my dreamworld. I think somebody has to be ready for that…because that could really mess with your head. Live a lifetime, and come back to real life. Wouldn’t you forget the past and have a different personality and look on life?

Anyways…I knew what you meant about the 8 hour thing, just trying to clarify that to others :smile:

This sounds like a perfect match for the Lucid Lab. I would start a project, if Athiest would let me get in the Researchers group!! It’s been like a week and no acception. I don’t know if that’s good or bad…lol.

Yeah…well otherwise we probably wont get the answer to all our questions until then.