how long?

how long did it take yall to succeed at w/e tech you were using and what experience did you have before using that tech?

ehh, till now, nothing:p i remembered 2 dreams since i started tho, and that’s (1 less) then i remember from the rest of my LIFE so, i guess autosuggestion does help you remember your dreams,

what about for yall that have succeeded?

it takes exactly as löong as it have to.

hmm. what a wonderful answer but that is not what i asked.

Hm, lets see now…

1st Feb 2004 - found this site. When I first started to LD.
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p … ght=#53889

21st Feb 2004 - posted up question, asking whether or not it was an LD I had (it was):
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p … ght=#56758

So, it took me 20 days.

I used RC’s, MILD and kept a DJ. No WBTB.

But different people have their first LD after different amount of times. It could be a few days, weeks, months or (in some cases) a year (or more).

hmm. what about other people. My reason for wanting to know this is pure curiosity. I myself have been tryin for a few months now. I havent succeeded yet but ive gotten close. i havent been trying everyday though, id have to say about 3/4 of the week every week, and im not always very determined.

[color=green]Hi

My first technique was WILD and i had my first LD after 2 days. I have read that other people find that their technique stops working after some time, but mine is still live and kicking :smile:[/color]

Hey morthsila,
It took me about 2 weeks to get my first LD. I only used MILD and kept a DJ. My recall has gone up since starting my journal, but I’ve only had one other LD since then, months later. For a Total of 2. I’m still trying differant techs. to see which one I feel helps the most. I’m still a work in progress :content:

When i first started focussing on LD’s, i spent exactly 2 months keeping a dream diary. I didn’t use any particular technique to become lucid. All of a sudden i looked at my reflection, moved my hand in front of my face and moved it back. In the reflection, the hand stayed in front of my face. I said to myself: “Hey… the mirror’s crashed. That can’t be real. I must be dreaming!”

I ran, i jumped… and i flew. :wink:

I had my second LD 16th September (2 and a half weeks after the first one; 2 months and 25 days since I started “training” in for LDs). I used a combination of techniques and I wasn’t very ordered trying this and that and shifting to an othe technique when I felt I was going nowhere.
It was a DILD and I mainly used MILD.
I found WILD too hard so I resorted to MILD as I wanted at least 20 LDs under the belt to make my mind accostumed to the experience and then move permanently to WILD.
I was quite disciplinated but sometimes I drifted off the path of the Quest (and actually I had good results even then, so I think you should abandon now and then all techniques for a couple of days).
I’m keeping a DJ and I watch my nose as a RC (it worked greatly both times I had my LDs), I wouldn’t recomend as a RC to toss something in the air to see if the phisics are different as the objects I threw in my dreams arched normally in the air and then fell on the ground as normal objects in waking life would do… I lost many opportunities to have LDs this way :cry:

I have had lucid dreams since I was 10 years of age (Lucid in knowing I was dreaming), but I had no idea that one could control it until I was 17 and watched the movie DreamScape,
Then I became more thoughtful on the subject and I started to ask around. Someone (don’t remember who it was) gave me this site about 5 months ago, and i started to learn more then I could of ever believed.

As for the techs that i use I use “pinch the nose” and “clock”

hmm. you all seem to be having better luck than me. thats good to hear lol.

The greatest virtue for the new oneironaut is patience.
:wink:

Thou shall dream lucidly, just wait your inner self to come forth.
:smile:

I hope…

Change it to: “I will.
:wink:

you hope what?

will what? :confused:

[color=green]Hi

I think, instead of saying “I hope”, one should be more positive and say “I will” :smile: . The mind is an extraordinary thing. If you believe, you can do pretty much anything :smile: exept flying, in which case you have to come from krypton… which ofcourse is a fictional planet, which ofcourse means you cant really come from there… so on and so on…

:content: [/color]

What ARE the 'pinch the nose" and “clock” techniques?

As for me, I’ve been going on about a month or two trying out the “target” technoique where you choose targets and remember to check your reality. I’ve also been leaving myself notes here and there asking “are you awake?” The only sucessful LD I’ve had was when I wasn’t even trying any techniques… but I’d reccommend choosing targets and leaving notes. At the very leats it helps you feel alive and in the moment.