How realistic/absurd are your dreams?

ummmm… I’ve had some pretty crazy dreams in the past, one that was particularly weird was living a day in the life of a rock… i basically watched a whole day pass (kinda fast forwarded) as a rock… being pooed on by birds, trodden on, rained on etc.

I actually find most of my dreams are quite interesting… and most of the time i cant remember anything I’ve done that would make me dream some of the stuff i dream. i don’t think I can remember one dream that was like WL, except for the ‘going to school dreams’ but even then, it always seems to be on a Saturday! :happy:

Mine are usually realistic, every day type things but the context and times are all muddled. Ocasionally i have these really intersting dreams with fantasy stuff and original surroundings in them but i’m hardly present in the dream. It’s more like i’m watching a movie. Unfortuantely i often wake up from these before the story ends :grrr: and with not much recall (Must work on that!)

Most of my dreams consist of real life things, but every now and then I have a weird(ish) dream. :om:

My dreams are almost always very strange. For example: I was in one of my dreams and I was in my front yard, then I became Lucid and my next door neighbor witch is white, was speaking Spanish and then he said to me, " Jeff, have you taken your Tylenol this morning? Then as I looked in the Sky the clouds spelled out the word Tylenol. After I was done gazing at the giant T y l e n o l clouds, he then rowed him self to work in his red row boat.

My dreams are almost never realistic. They’re always wierd/crazy or maybe once or twice in 3 months they’re random.

In one of my random dreams my sister camera got stolen

And in one of my wierd dreams pinguins were trying to shoot people for stealing their fish. (It may be because I ate fish that day but where the penguins came from I don’t know :happy: )

My dreams have been shifting towards the more plausible side now.
I used to get really crazy dreams.
I liked those a lot better.

So far most of my dreams have been quite realistic

But im hoping for one sometime where i get to shoot fire from my hands as a purely evil me or something along those lines.

Gee, I was feeling decidedly abnormal until the last few posts with penguins and such.

Generally, my dreams are either boring, mundane, and hyperreal, but about once a week or so I’ll have a completely batshit insane dream that makes me wonder if my walls harbor hallucinogenic mold.

The sad thing is, the weird dreams usually don’t result in lucidity, even though they don’t obey logic, sanity, or physics. Some good ones:

1. One dream, I was sent to assassinate Ozzy Osbourne in a hotel. I was destroying a shag carpet in a running shower with a weed whacker when a maid came in and asked me WTF I was doing. I couldn’t even begin to formulate a reason for what I was doing and suddenly knew I was dreaming.

2. (most surreal/non sequitur dream I’ve ever had) I was in a parking garage at the airport, riding in the passenger side, and the driver missed the exit. “Hey, you missed the turn,” I said.

“Don’t worry, I’m taking a shortcut.” :yes: So he proceeds to drive through the wall and the car plummets through the air. :eek:

“WE’RE GONNA DIE!” I scream. :cry:

“Don’t worry. Look, there’s Walter Payton.” The car crashes, and I emerge from the burning wreckage none the worse for repair. I run up a long staircase away from my friend (and Walter Payton) and into a room full of comedians. I remember Conan O’Brien and Dan Ackroyd being there. Everyone in the room (including me) is telling jokes about politicians. After a few minutes the Democrats (random Dems) burst into the room. It’s a bust! Dan Ackroyd picks up a phone book and hurls it in the air, and it flaps around like a demented chicken. People escape in the confusion. I end up in a back room full of rats in cages. I open a cage, the rat jumps at me, I catch it and kill it with my bare hands. Then I rip it apart (WHY?) and there’s a golden hourglass in it. I smash the hourglass, thinking for some reason this will stop time, but it just breaks and lots of little hourglasses spill out. I escape out another door and head up a gangway to a blimp. I don’t remember what happened after boarding the blimp.

I remember waking up and thinking “WTF, WTF, WTF” over and over again, though. :lol:

My dreams are rarely realistic. They usually have complete plotlines, but they’re usually very random and don’t make a lot of sense. Let’s look at a few examples:

1. I was in California vacationing with my family, but instead of it being warm and sunny, it was snowing there. A bunch of people were skiing, and I didn’t want to, so I sat down in this little closed area of the ski resort. There was this cool little virtual-reality game station there, and I turned it on. All of a sudden I was warped to a spring meadow in which a bunch of hedgehogs were getting married, including a purple one named Pam. I left the virtual-reality station to find my mom, who was finished skiing, now forming extra snow with these new snow-creating powers and sprinkling it all over the ski lift.

2. I was in this weird little recording studio, and all of a sudden this weird yellow evil blob thing popped out of thin air and started staring at me. All of a sudden it started babbling on about how I had such potential to be evil and how I needed to join the dark side. I said no, but the creature persisted. It brought out a DVD and popped it into a DVD player that was in the room, and this video that was titled “The Benifits of Being Evil” started playing. Then I woke up.

3. This one took place at my house. It was raining really hard outside, and I was busy arguing with this dude from my school (who I barely even know IRL!). All of a sudden my mom came in and said, “Guys, don’t fight. I have an idea.” Me, my little brother, and the dude from school all followed her and my dad outside into my backyard, splashing through all the puddles and getting soaked as we walked. “Let’s sing!” my mom and dad announced in unison, and they both started belting out Ray Charles songs.

And those are just a few examples! I actually like having weird dreams…they’re quite amusing to me when I wake up and write them down. :smile:

My dreams are usually realistic, though the places I go in my dream are a mix of several places put into one. Sometimes the places are made out of things really strange, like car doors once. They’re really clear dreams and the more I try to remember them, the more detailed they become.

My dreams have changed though, since discovering about LDing. I once even dreamt about having a LD, doing all the things I want to in a LD without actually being lucid. I remember every single bit of it :grin:

Always different. Or they’re very realistic (like going to some kind of musicshow with my friends and eating chips :tongue:), or they’re totally crazy (like a pink shoe that comes out of the sea and gives birth to many more shoe’s xD).