How to be aware?

I’m sure I am not the only one facing this problem.
How to be aware during the day so I can do a RC when I see a Dream Sign? I do my daily activities kind of like a robot, and most of the time I am not aware of every detail around me, if you know what I mean.

My most common dream sign is school and even if I go to school daily(well, not for the last 2 weeks, there is a strike going on) I can’t remember to do a RC.

:help:

I had/have similar problem, the problem starts with doing things “kind of like a robot”, or in another words we have daily routine that kills our sense of strange things, or questioning the most simple things like being in school, which brings another problem and that is not being comfortable doing RC in front of the other people or classmates, in my opinion! So you’re in school for example on some kind of auto pilot and you do things that you JUST usually do in school.

First try to get comfortable doing RC around another people, I think that will help you the most!

Peace!

I do my RC’s so that no one can see them/seem strange to them. I can hold my breath using my throat and I count my fingers by wiggling them so that is not a problem.

Meditation can help raise your general awareness.

I second this. I have issues being “aware” during everyday activities as well. I only meditate for about 10 minutes a day, and it’s helped a great deal with noticing unusual occurrences throughout the day and generally being more focused.

Another helpful technique is to practice being aware for small periods of time (maybe 5-10 minutes). Over time it will become much easier.
If you haven’t seen them, you can always check out the various Lucid Living Topics for some more tips.