I can't stop lucid dreaming and i want to stop..suggestions?

I have been lucid for over five years now in every dream I have, and i want to stop … for good. The power of these dreams has interfered with my general life immeasurably and i strive to attain a semblance of validity and regain a favorable sub/overall conciousness if any recourse is available, i, as many i am sure of would be put at ease …i just want to go back to the way i was…thanks for your input…

well isn’t it easier to lose lucidity than keep it? Just try letting go. Tell yourself you will NOT have a lucid dream, believe you will not have an LD, and if you do (because you did not believe!!) then just do nothing in the LD. Go to sleep in the LD. That’ll wake anyone up. Probably.

I’m actually interested in how lucid dreaming interferes with waking life.
There have been people who came here before who wanted to know how to get rid of the lucid dreams. I don’t believe we have helped any of them. And most of us are inclined to try to convince you that your LDs are good and that you’re lucky. But that’s not what you want to hear.
The only suggestions I can think of are to do things that are bad for your health. Such as doing drugs, staying up too long so you go to bed dead tired. These things are said to be bad for reaching lucidity, but may also work the other way. I wouldn’t recommend it anyway because you’d need to do it every day or at least quite often.
Some will advice you to try autosuggestion. Tell yourself as you are going to sleep “I will not be lucid tonight”.
In the dream you could try to do something like Summon a pill that will stop your lucid dreams, remember that you will need to really believe in it. If it’s too much to ask of such a pill, try to make it end your lucidity in the dream in wich you eat it.
You could try to simply immerse yourself in the events of the dream and allow yourself to be carried away with the story. Be absentminded in the dream, daydream in it. Watch tv in it. Waste your lucid time on mundane things or perhaps just party with DCs. It may be that this will make you forget you are dreaming, if not, it could be fun.
Really we don’t know how to get rid of them, we try to make them happen so we haven’t researched the other side that much. We are all for lucid dreaming, lucid dreaming for all, even you. We would rather see you embracing them.
Perhaps if you explain more we could help more. It may be that you don’t need to stop lucid dreaming, only change the way you do.

um, well, the only things that could help are things that are bad. if it’s interfering that badly, well, i think some terrible things like masterbation culd reverse it, but i wouldn’t encourage you to do that. i’d say ur lucky, but if it’s interfering that much i guess your not… maybe you could tell us why?

How did it interfere with your life? Why don’t you want them anymore?

But that’s not what you came to hear. I would suggest (if you are) not doing anything like hypnosis, meditation, or such.

But I can’t possibly understand why you would want to stop having them… how could it interfere with your life?

well, if i had only LDs i could see myself missing NDs or just regular sleep.

Ld’s are regular Stage two sleep. It can’t possibly be that bad…

How could it be bad?

I must say, topics like these disturb me. What could be so bad to make people want to stop?

When you are able to detect it’s a dream very easily, it’s a bit hard to just let it go, because your sub-c mind reminds you it’s a dream.

Well, honestly,I’ve felt like this more than one time, but I didn’t think about giving up from it, but tried to adapt, taking avantage of it, by using it to extend my time, to relax, and try to simulate problems.

But still, I undestand you and will try to help, some hints to you:

When you are dreaming, instead of thinking, “ah ,it’s another dream”, think “I wonder what’s going to happen” to weaken your power over the dream.
Sleep less, try to get unused to dreaming, instead of going to bed, try to do a task you would do the next day, reading, watching some real video (stop thinking, ah it’s just a story, that wouldn’t happen), terror movies are good for it, or something useless, but don’t try to think too much while watching, or play a hard game, one of those you need to think a lot to avoid pondering about your reality.
Study something really hard and abstract, that makes your head confused and tired, but this may not help some.
Don’t remind yourself you need to sleep. You can write down every time you try to remind about dreams or ponder about your reality, this is a form of punishment, to avoid this inner voice to remind you. Your mind will get lazy to write down such a thing and will avoid reminding you.
Right after you wake up, turn on the radio, TV and etc. Forget about your dream. If you catch yourself recalling it, try to believe it wasn’t an LD, a false LD or just a recall of an previous LD.
[size=59](Stop looking at dreaming sites, but someone would take this as offense if I tell you that)
to mod: If this post is not acceptable, please feel free to take an attitude, before it turns into an discussion, which is not my intention. If you aren’t a mod and notice it turns bad, pm me, thanks[/size]

I don’t recommend, you will remind yourself about lucidness instead of gaining a normal dream.
Every time you are going to bed, take something you have to do the next day, and worry about it.

That’s a good idea, Krakatoa, but some things may vary among people.

Other idea is having something boring or trying to believe it’s real, go to work, do something tiring, the way you would do IRL. Punishing yourself because the dream. But it may drive you crazy, so I don’t recommend.

I think the best idea is to adapt yourself instead of punishing. Around this site you can learn to control your LD and use it to talk to your subconcious mind. But it’s up to you.

For those who want LDs, try avoiding this hints :content:

perhaps you and I could switch subconsiousness’? pretty please?

I’ve almost forgot.

Are you sure you are getting only LDs?
Maybe you are forgetting some NDs or just thinking they were LDs. You may try to recall NDs when LDing, since it’s easier to recall LDs after waking up, you might have been leaving the NDs behind.

3 things…
In the LD you have unlimited power and control etc. ,so the attitude that you have is of an egotistical idiot and that transfers over to RL; i’d rather be a nice guy, but my natural reflex is to be a jerk because of the dreams.

Second …in the LD i usually view it in the third person perspective, like out of body style, and that is how i see things in RL so it kinda weirds me out.

Finally… I tried just falling asleep in the LD and then I just got to watch myself sleep until i woke up… slightly boring.

sleeping less works, and i can get a lot more done…but when i have to go to work the next day, my Rockstar budget starts to inflate exponentially …

On the first point the answer is not so hard to figure out, but perhaps harder to do. Keep in mind that real life is real life! What you need to do is be aware of how you act and think so that you can stop yourself before you do mean things. As you said, you want to be a nice guy, so apply yourself. Alternatively you can change your attitude within the dreams. Be nice in them that is.

Now are you saying you see yourself in third person while awake? I can definately see how that would weird you out. Don’t know anyhting about what to do about that.

Third point. Yes, that sounds boring. This is why I suggest watching tv or something. It’s more entertaining, but not so much work. A way to adapt to the situation.
You could try meditation in your dreams if that sounds interesting. It’s said to be better than waking meditation. You may experience some interesting states of mind.
Read up on tibetan dream yoga, they have a number of exercises to do in dreams.

Meditation can be interesting for you anyway because if you meditate alot the need for sleep decreases since meditation is restful enough.
Just some thoughts.

cantsleep had a similar thread
https://community.ld4all.com/t/how-can-i-stop-having-lucid-dreams/23561

Maybe it will be of interest. Or maybe mods will merge.

Not much to add to krakatoa’s reply on how that could be countered.

But you’re really pointing out something there. It seems that the idea that LDing could ever be a bad thing isn’t very popular around here (no wonder, most people try hard to get them). At the same time, there are reports that LDs can be used to influence your behaviour.

And you are right, we can make a habit of mean behaviour in our dreams. I remember that months ago I read a post where somebody described executing somebody in his LD. I was very shocked and couldn’t quite say why, but it falls into place now.

Thanks, I think this is important to keep in mind.