i keep falling asleep 7.7

Well ive been trying to WILD for the last… 2 or 3 weeks i think? But i either get close to hypnagogic stages or i fall asleep… any suggestions on how to stay aware while im falling asleep?

(BTW i find it wierd that we forget so much everyday ((like dreams)) )

The hardest part of WILD is staying aware.It’s not strange that you fail at it.
There are plenty of other methods to use, or the ones you make up yourself.

but what can you do if you need at least 30-180 minutes to fall asleep but you also want to WILD on normal working days. I’m making everything right (at least i think) and also have MILD experience, but WILD seems to have to many bad consequences. For example being very tired after you tried to WILD but just stayed awake for 30-180 minutes and then just decided to sleep normally.

So actually my problem is not to fall asleep too fast, but to NOT fall asleep at all.

could you suggest a method that works well for you?

if you fall asleep too fast … why don’t you use FILD? tutorial link

there is a big topic about FILD in the pathways forum :content:

The mistake that I feel some make is that, we get so caught up in the standard methods that we all discuss here, that some forget that the real part of lucid dreaming is the part you do yourself. Experimenting in your own mind to find the method that makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. Some people forget that the only thing stopping them from achieving what they want, is themselves.

When it comes to your first LD’s, do not lay in bed thinking about it. Don’t think. Don’t try to make it happen. Just let your creative juices flow and watch the images that your mind produces. You will find that you will stay aware through it. Before you know it you will be wondering where you are, and then it will hit you like a truck. Your dreaming! :cool:

P.S.

SPOILER - Click to view

DO A RC

ok thanks! btw i dont really have time to do the FILD thing because i have to wake up for school T.T Maybe on the weekend : P