I made contact

A few nights ago I had a lucid dream. I meet a dream charecter, and I asked him for his number, and he gave me a yellow page from the phone book. I told him I couldnt take it with me when I wake up, and I asked him to give me a phone number. I had it wrote down, but I lost it. The strange thing was it was a local number, and when he gave it to me, he repeated it a few times, and it didnt change. I woke up, and called the number, and it was a Nurology(spelling).I hostpital The number was 233-3230, or something. anyway I called them right when I woke up, and got a machine. So I called them the next day, and someone answered. I asked them if they knew anything about dreams. They told me to hold on, but I lost my nerve not knowing what to say, and hung up. I think I contacted a patiant there. He did give me a yellow page, and sure enough the number was a buissness, and not a home phone number so I have plenty of reason to believe I was sharing a dream, and it wastnt just random dream numbers. I should have thought, and got his name. I was sure I could have contacted this person in waking life. It was allso strange I thought that it was a nurology hostpital, and they study the brain. so there had to be something to all of this.

Wow u just gave me the chills.

that is creepy

but amazing

its so cool how our brain can do that…

Wow, that’s pretty cool. Just goes to show that some pretty amazing stuff can happen, random chance or actual experience aside.

i cant wait till the medical breakthough where you can put a device on your head, pick a radio station, call your friend, tell him to tune to that station and u both go to bed and dream together.

haa im phsyco.

(maybe i shouldnt be up so late thinking of inventions)

I’d settle for a device that you could hook up to your head that would record your dreams.

I really want to know if I did make contact. Why the hell didnt I get his name. What can I do, should I call them up, and ask them if they have any patiants who practice lucid dreaming? I would sound crazy. How could I word it. Should I just let it go, and try contacting him again in my next LD. This isnt the first time something like this has happned. I had a LD once, and there was a group of about five people who were all sharing a dream. I reffered to them as “Astral hippies”. It was a very vivid dream, and from the way they talked they did this (shared dreaming) all the time, and they had had it down to a art. We were going to a grave yard to meet another Astral projector, but I woke up before we got there. It was really a fun dream. These guys were so freaking cool.

I don’t know exactly how you would word it, but I suggest getting a little information about the place, what type of patients they have, etc, and calling up as a student writing a report on dreaming, but tailor it to the type of work done in the clinic. So if they did work with mostly tumors, for example, you could be writing a report on the effects tumors have on sleep and dreams. That would be the most likely to yield results for you I would guess.

PS - I know someone who has SD down to an art, like you say, and they are cool people. The dreams that they, or at least this person, have are really strange.

wolvendeer please elaborate as much as you can about this person !

really there is no harm in directly calling someone and asking them "did you talk to me in your dream? "

the only catch is, you have to have enough confidence and self-esteem that it wouldn’t matter if they said “dude you’re crazy”

not a lot of people are calibrated to be that bold and daring, though

and you need to get more information in lucid dreams,
whats your name
what do you do ? what’s your number,
what do you look like
is this your natural and current hair color ?
really get to know them

then if you get their name, you can call and say “Is this… ?”
and voila …
“Is that your real name in this lifetime?” (asking while lucid) etc.

I bet the Chroniclers could learn a lot from this person!! Because what they (or all of us dreamers) need is someone who can do it often enough to be able to know what to do it…

Tell him/her to join ld4all! and share some knowledge :happy:

That…was already invented.

You should call them.
Really,what have you got to lose?

Then when do you think they will be open to the public?

Also, CALL BACK! try to reach the same guy again maybe ask the same question. do you know anybody that is experienced with dreams?

The one or two people that I know who are proficient at it are part of the older generations who believe that widely sharing knowledge is a gross misuse of it, unfortunately, so it isn’t likely to happen any time soon. I suspect that this is why there is very little known about the topic, because a lot of people who are good at it want to keep it out of the hands of the public.

Who knows, I may have talked to the guy you speak of in my “Astral hippie” dream. I remmber there was a girl there who seemed anoyed by my pressance. I dont think she wanted me there. The rest of them were Ok with me dropping in on there shared dream. They said something about a plant that I had in my bag, they told me next time I drop in not to bring it, because it was offencive to women. Maybie thats why she was mad at me. Ill find the dream in my journal, and write the whole thing down, and you could ask the guy if he remmbers me. That is if it was him.

I would really like to join this dream sharing group on here, if I could join up. Let me know

Eyelids. Thanks for the tip…

PM shatterspike or post in their topic that’s here,in Beyond.
Dreamnoob…i only know from Zucoka,who posted it in a topic somewhere,that it was invented.
Kava…you don’t necessairlily have to search for an expeirienced person…mabye you connected by accident.Just sleping.

i37.tinypic.com/2pt33o1.png :smile:

Yeah,that one…
It’s like ou can play your dreams as a video game :smile:

Thats amazing!

I can’t wait till the public gets a hold of these. I might die when that happens though, the next generation is soo lucky.

Kava, I think Wolvendeer gave you some sound advice if you are seriously looking into finding out more behind your dream.

There isn’t anything wrong with randomly calling someone and asking them if they had a SD with you other than that 1) they’d probably hang up on you 2) they won’t take you seriously and/or 3) get enough information out of you to report you to the authorities for pranking them.

I guess it depends how serious you are about researching this.

Well,they ARE neurologists,aren’t they?
They should be aware of this ability of our mind…
Besides,i don’t think thinking it’s a prank may happen…They should take every case serious,even if they doubt it…
Just like the fire department…even if an awkwerd kid calls,they should sendf help,right?