I need help with getting past the shock/vibration WILDS

Hi. I’m new to this forum. Just yesterday I never knew that there was websites about lucid dreaming before. Hell I’ve only know what lucid dreaming was since a week ago when I watched Vanilla Sky. But I’ve always had them every once in a while(about once every 2 months. sometimes 4 times a week) All my LDs were by accident. Like I’m walking around and a get this wierd feeling like I’m in a dream. Then I’m like “Hey this is a dream!” So on to the point…

I read the topic on WILDs and I saw them interesting. I decided I would try them. So I went to bed at 3am today, put my mp3 player next to my head with some music on, relax, and try to focus on just the music.

By the end of the 3rd song I feel a tingle sensation on my hands that move all around my arm. They stop there and fade away. About 40 secs into the 4th song I feel the electric effect on my feet and it moves up all around my body. It feels like I’m vibrating and I can feel my eyeballs twitching uncontrolably. I’m very excited and terrifyed at the same time. I’m like “Wow these guys weren’t bullshiting about this stuff” but my heart is pounding so hard I can hear it and I have the fear feeling that you get behind your neck. The vibrations are getting more powerful every second. But whats cool is that theres no pain. So I try to remember what I’m supposed to do now. I know I’m close to going WILD but I can’t remember what to do. But it comes to me that I;m supposed to roll or something but I can’t move…I’m paralazyed. The vibrations keep getting stronger and now I"m fighting with myself to roll to the right. I finnaly give up and open my eyes.(a trick a learned when I was young to get out of nightmares) It takes my 15 minutes to get my breathing and heartrate down to normal. I get up and go to my computor and searth these forums to try and find out what to do after the vibrations but I only find the roll thing. I try to go back to sleep but can’t. Now its 8am and I havn’t had any sleep. Lucky I don’t work today or tommorrow. So tonight I’m going to try again. I think I’ll find it easier because I’ve gone for over 24 hours without sleep.

So any advice on how to get past the vibrations, take away the fear, etc.

After the first time I got the vibrations(which only took about 15 min) I tried for 2 hours to get anouther one but to no avail. Does this happen to everyone? Are we only allowed 1 chance per night?

Thanks for reading my abnormaly long post and sorry for any spelling I missed.

Hi and welcome to the forum. First of all, you might want to repost this under the Big Wild Topic (just copy and paste), because I think the moderators’ll probably lock this one (they’re trying to keep everything in one place for certain topics).

Now this paralysis you got is called sleep paralysis (you might want to read up on it), and I’ve only ever had it happen after a dream, not during WILD. I can sometimes get a LD from it by rocking my body back and forth (like shifting my weight from side to side at first), and slowly building up to a roll. You could also try doing it when the vibrations are less/more intense. You could also try imagining that you’re flying, but that doesn’t work for me.

Anyway, repost this before you get me in trouble… :cheesy:

You can do two things…

If you really want a wild ride…then try to push vibrations down in a circle around your legs. Just “asking” or intending them to do so may be enough already. Then increase the frequency of the vibrations some, but not too much, Then "ask or "intent for the circle to move up. It will be fun once it enters your head. I promise.

More simple, is to intent for the vibrations to increase in frequency until its like a warm tingling sensation. Rolling over should be a breeze then.

The fear or chills in your neck area is common. I’m not sure what it is, but nowaydays it is’s the only thing remaining before I OBE. I don’t have any vibrations anymore.

Most of the fear should leave once you “left the body”. Not much you can change about that now since its such a gutteral reaction.

I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do it twice. But it’s probably hard to relax enough the second time if the first one was so exciting.

I also have the problem that after the first cycle of vibrations i can’t get the vibrations again! many times when i tryed WILD i have first vibrations then it stoped ( after 30-60 seconds ) and i just couldn’t have them another time even after an hour!

Bye

For me, rolling only works when I’m on my stomach. If I’m on my back I just try to sit up out of my body. You could also try to float out, but I haven’t had much success with that.