I think I GOT it...!

Well, I’m amazed. I think by taking the whole LDing thing very casually (not 24/7 RCs and such), I may have convinced my brain of how I want to LD; for all I know, I could have been having LDs and/or flashes of lucidity for quite some time, without memory of it. The past two nights, both in VERY extraordinary dreams, I have had lucidity flashes; the first time, I actually had an LD; the second time, I had a flash of lucidity which was quickly lost (siiiigh).

The first time, I had my longest LD yet; it was some semi-nightmare (again) and again, I was thinking and suddenly realized “hey, that’s all good because I’m DREAMING”; then it clicked and I calmly began to do my things…only it was low-lucidity, sadly (strange how my logic mind has YET to be fully awake when I LD…could someone PLEASE help me with how to do this?). Rather than run off in search of girls or adventure, I felt the walls of my garage and “tasted” the closest thing, a glove (I know it’s nasty but hey, it worked…). I proceeded to spin and ended up in my house, where I further practiced making people vanish from my dreams (they always just fade away…) and such. At one point I ended up back in my room, unsure if I was dreaming; I looked at my clock one second and then back; the numbers had changed. Then, finally, after one more look, the number display went CRAZY. Suddenly my room got pitch black, and knowing that the lightswitch wouldn’t work, I spun. Even though this saved the dream, it ended soon enough anyway. Arrrgh…I never get my dreams to work out before they END! Next time, I’ll further practice “stabilization” and try to talk to DC’s.

Second time, I realized I was dreaming and started to think of how I could convince all the DC’s to leave the room, without the irritating “finger-snap order” I usually use. But at this point I simply lost lucidity, I don’t know how…

Questions/Comments/Advice? PLEASE?

Thanks.

I’m too lazy to look around, what does sipnning do again?shrug:

spinning stabilizes scenery, changes scenery, or get FA

Waking up in a dream, is a lot like waking up in real life. If you’ve already been sleeping for 6 hours before you become lucid, then chances are you’re going to be dazed, dreary and confused. Just as it takes a few minutes to properly wake up in real life, so does it take a few minutes to clear your mind and find the ability to think properly in a dream.

Spinning is primarily used to recover from a premature awakening, since it causes the mind to again become focused on something. It also tends to change the dreamscape, since you’re losing visual concentration with the existing one.

ehm…what exactly is the spinning method?

The Spinning Method is the name given to the stabalization technique developed (I believe) by Stephen LaBerge for the purpose of prolonging a lucid dream. Basically, you just spin around on the spot with your arms out, like you did when you were 7. This produces a sensation that immediately draws your attention, and prevents you from becoming deteched from the dream world (resulting in a loss of lucidity, or awakening).

It should be noted that people often use this for the sole purpose of changing the dream world, even if there is no threat of losing the lucidity.

how did the glove taste :wink:

Lol, tasted rather fuzzy and what I’d expected…nasty! But hey, it was crazy to have a taste in a dream. Now I need another LD, turns out that my dream recall shorted out a lil after these experiences and hasn’t really come back to speed yet.