If you die in a dream, do you die in real life?

how the hell did you know this guy was dreaming in the moment of his dead?, he couldn’t have tell you

who “the hell” are you talking to…

What if during the dream… you not only believed wholeheartedly that you will die, but also say you also wanted wholeheartedly to die. Not just commiting dream suicide to see what happens, but commiting it for the purpose of dying. To actually desire for it to happen. I wonder if it would be different…

I am not one to quote movies - especially ones that are overrated IMO - but to quote something Morpheus said from the Matrix. “You’re mind makes it real.”

So in the case I’m talking about… I’m wondering if there would be some sort of serious placebo effect… Since its not just an ordinary dream death because in this case, you would have wanted to die really badly, so the mind might actually give you that and shut down or something. shrugs

Alvin, You don’t want to die do you?

But wouldn’t that be the same as really hard thinking you would die? Or would that be different cause you still have a dreamexperience.

shot?..check
flash fried by power lines?..check
drowned…shudders big check
attacked by variose (sp) creatures earthly and un earthly…check
run over, crushed, ect but still alive in dream…check
eaten by zombies…check
well…unless i really am a living dead id say im pretty much alive…now got to dash i suddenly have an overwhelming urge to eat the postman :eh: walks offgeneral screaming soundsreturnes with arm…mmm…well id say…munch…that unless you see freddy krueger…insert gross noise here that you cant die in a dream :tongue:

oh almost forgot…BRAAAAAIIIINSSSSS :grin:
man that fortune cookie was right…i need proffesional help :bored: …meh cost too much

lol, you’'r a freak

well, for me
crushed by comets check,
being in end of the world check

Being crushed by comets sounds fun :tongue:

But riding the comet as it hits the earth…that would be even more fun…I think I’ll try it out :content:

i had a dream i was crossing the street like frogger. onl;y 2 lanes buck it was jam packed like it was 6 lanes very close
i got between 2 mack trucks and i was pretty much flattened. but survived. i dreamt next that i was in my bathroom mirror and all my teeth fell out and my head exploded with blood. i was happy to wake up alive. i can say i felt a bit of pain though. so i can see someone dying in their sleep from an overdose of fake pain, but maybe our minds arent connected that way. im not sure. but yea, its like waking up right before you hit the ground from jumping. do we ever hit the ground?

I have read a lot of dreams of people trying to fly and crashing on the ground. And a girl tried to reach the moon with a car, and the car crashed on the moon.

just for that im going to eat your brains
(useless fact…zombies dispise brains)
now where did i leave my leg crawls up to sirius and bites his ankle

An easy way to find out is for the next person who die in their dreams that dies in real to incarnate into a human again and visit this forum when he or she is old enough to type and has access to the internet and tell us all about it.

That can only take about 7 to 10 years from now.

LOL! 13 years, cause you have to be at least 13 if you want to join the forum…

no, I believe you can join under that age with parental written consent

When I was young, I watched Indiana Jones and The Temple of… something… anyways, there was this scene where some guy was ripping another guy’s heart out :happy: I dreamt I got my heart torn out!!! :eek:

I’ve dreamt I died a couple of times myself, one of which was posted in my ld4all journal:

You can find the exact post at:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/fixatos-dromo-drog-my-dreamlog-of-my-travels-in-dreamland/11927/36

so, you don’t necessarily have to die IWL if you die in your dream.

I died locked inside a wall during a dream.
In the dream my soul fund the body of a living person and moved into it.
Mtw:A song Is named If you die in a dream, You die for real

Topic merged into a similar topic

I told my friend about me trying to have Lucid Dreams, and he comes up with this article:

A parallel concern is that dying in a dream can cause death in reality. If this were true, how would we know? Anyone who died from a dream could not tell us about its content.

Do you think this is true?

If you die in a dream, you will wake up alive. No worries :smile:
Infact, studies conducted by Stephen LaBerge have shown that the heart rate during dreams is relativly unchanged when we engage in dream activities like running, sex, or are startled by something…so you won’t die of a heart attack brought about by fear either :smile:

Yep, it’s a myth.

Relax: I’ve died in a lot of dreams, yet here am I! :smile: