If you keep failing, read this.

For some reason, when I haven’t had a lucid dream for a while… it lets me down… It takes from my motivation… Why, you ask? Because I allowed it. I let it get to my head. This is a challenge, not a walk. I WILL not let motivation mark the end of this… I will fail, and I am going to fail with pride until I can’t fail anymore, because every failed attempt is another step closer to success. The more failed attempts I have, the more frequent lucid dreams I have… Failed attempts shouldn’t be a disappointment, because they are be a medal of honor! My failures are my scars that prove I’m putting up a fight, and won’t stop until I win! If you keep failing, don’t give up, you’re doing good!

Exactly! Getting frustrated when you fail only makes you fail more, which makes you more frustrated. It’s the endless Loop of Doom. If you try to take it lightly and just have fun as you practice, when you succeed you’ll get more motivated, which will make you succeed even more, and when you fail you just say “oh well”, so you won’t lose that motivation. Since it’s more common to “fail” than succeed when you start out, this is why so many people get sucked into the Loop.

Many times it ends up being something you need to figure out on your own, so congratulations :grin:

Some beginners seem to have a naive mindset about lucid dreaming, and expect instant results - and if they succeed then they sometimes expect to have total control of everything in that dream, and become disappointed when they don’t have it.

These people need to realize that lucid dreaming doesn’t come overnight, and that just like everything else it requires practice.
Expecting a lucid dream on your first few attempts is almost like expecting fluency in a new language that you started to learn a week ago.

That’s a great attitude to maintain :content:

It’s something I’ve been saying for a while, in fact. If you let your frustrations and expectations get to you, you’ll drive yourself mad and get nowhere. Let it happen when it happens. If it doesn’t, take it as a learning experience and move on :smile:

Haha yeah! I can completely relate to this! All the time I enjoy the preparation and 100% of the time I fail. But I enjoy the experience anyway. Motivation should come not only from success but also from failure. Well, that’s just my opinion :happy:

I would also say that people usually get caught up to much in idea of lucid dreams and they forget to enjoy dreams(non lucid) at all. They start to only focus on controlling dreams and non lucid dreams become like something they don’t need.

If I take lucid dreams and success out of the equation then non lucid dreams were and are my biggest motivation. If I feel happy before bed time just because I know that I will dream and that I will have mind blowing dreams then my DR and also the chance of getting lucid goes up unimaginably…

Well my point is: don’t forget non lucid dreams, if you know how to enjoy in them then lucid dreams comes almost naturally! :content:

That’s a good point.
It’s very important to respect your normal dreams as well, because after all they can also affect how you will feel the next day and you need normal dreams in order to have lucid ones, since lucid dreams essentially ARE normal dreams, just with more awareness.

If you keep failing, here’s a motivation thread. :razz: