If you were the winner of the lottery, what would you do?

If I won the New Year’s Lottery (~12 million euros) I’d first share it with my closest friends and family. Make sure they can do some fun stuff. First of all, I’d probably make sure I get my bachelor and master’s degree at university first (you never know). That should take me 2-3 years. After that… Traveling the world is first on my list.

I’m probably going to move from place to place every few weeks/months or so and it’s very unlikely I’ll be home more than a few times a year and when I am it’s probably not going to be more than a few days at a time.

So, yeah. Travel first, after I’ve seen/done a lot (I’ll take my sweet time, though), I’m probably going to settle somewhere in Sweden or something.

I would donate it all to LD4all.

3000000 DOLLARS??? Thats about 15 million SEK.

With so much money I would like to move to Kiruna and stay there, and I would start a project about how to save the environment :cool_laugh:

Hmm…I would definitely buy a decent house to live in. I would probably change were I go to school and go live in a climate where it is warm year round. This would be so I could practice golf year round and make a serious run at playing professionally - although I’m pretty good, thats not really something I could consider doing because:

a) I’m not at that level yet, so taking a few years off for hard practice and then trying to qualify would just take too much time - I wouldn’t want to be in my late twenties and have to start from scratch - although I’t be a great experience it justbe too much time if I wasn’t good enough, I probably wouldn’t be a practicing doctor until at least 40.
b) I wouldn’t have the funds to try, traveling around playing mini-tours and such is a tough and expensive lifestyle.

Basically, having this money would let me chase this dream; I wouldn’t have to worry about getting money or a job even if I was unsuccessful. I could come back and get my schooling done on my own time for my own gain.

I’d also probably go on some sort of trip and travel the world for a while.

There are two things i would want to do if i won the lottery, at once:

-Transfer a million to my parents’ account and see how long it would take before they notice :grin:

-Tell the shop owner and look for his reaction, it would show what he really thinks about my work. :tongue:

Later i would also want to open up my own flower shop.

its normal than we can see the future in our NDs :smile: I just know it, but can we see the future in LDs and get some lottery numbers in it? :happy:
Money Money Money
Must be funny
In the richmans world :happy:

have anyone tried to look up the numbers in the LD?? :wink:

:wave: 07, that was outside this thread :down:

LM, if you hate winter you should not move to sweden :tongue: I want snow most of the year :tongue: Save the environment :bow:

I’d probably buy a big house and a small house. I’d rent out the big house and then live off the rent money in the small house. Then I’d just make art all day long. :razz:

FIRST I would do a RC since I never do the lottery :tongue:

but

assuming it was a big win :tongue:
I would buy a house in a nice place and invest the rest to create a decent income to live off for life :content:

First I would save it (Because I am only 13, I wouldn’t have many uses for it) And then when I grew up I would pay for collage and then after that buy a nice house in Los Angeles.

Well, its not so much that I hate snow, it just stops me from practicing because it stays all winter. I don’t have love cold weather, I’d say my favorite temperature is a dry 95 or so.

95 DEGREES??? The water almost boils in that temperature. I hate temperatures over 30 degrees :thud: You die in temperatures of 60 degrees :razz:

95 degrees Fahrenheit = 35 degrees Celsius
which I still think is quite hot. I’m more of a 70 F / 20 C kind of person.

I would donate $672 dollars to LD4all, then I would put the rest on a saving account. I’m sure it will be off better use some day in the future.

I was wondering if there are in other countries lotteries like one we have in the Netherlands. It is based on your zipcode. You buy a lot and if your zipcode wins you get a price. The thing is that if you do not buy a lot and your zipcode wins all your neighbors who do have a lot win a price but you don’t. Emotional blackmail I would say.

Farenheit? Im not the best on that system, but can we not differ Celsius from Farenheit so this misunderstanding doesnt happen :cool:

I doubt that :content:

What would you do then :confused:

Me? I already said what i would get…

We swedes call it “Svenska PoskodLotteriet” and it essentialy works like your system, after reading its homepage were it mentioned that your country had it since 1989 i’m pretty certain it was from there we took that concept from.

• Tywald

:yes: Poskodslotteriet is like that, I dont play things like that. I dont play in lottery at all, but I have posted a list what I would do if I win 20 million SEK.

Yeah I found this on the Scottish one:

And somewhere else I read about Boudwijn Poelmann who (co)founded the Postcode Lottery in the Netherlands.

If I would participate in a lottery it would be this one. It is also founded to give to charity, so at least something good is supposed to happen with part of your money and not just profit for the people from the lottery.

Enough off topic (yes I know I started it myself)

If I would win the lottery I think it would be easier to buy things that I already want but don’t want to buy because I think they’re so expensive, such as a good camera. I do think I would not “go loose” and buy all sorts of things. I still think I would think about everything I buy and consider if it’s worth it, I mean just because you can, it doesn’t mean you have to. It would still be a waist of money, production, environment, etc.

Also, I would try not to let a lot of people know about it. People will treat you differently, whether you want it or not. Of course this does not mean no one will know, but not a lot of people.