I'm forgetful.

So, basically, I’ve been focused on having a Lucid Dream for almost a year now. I took a break for a few months, but started up again last month. My dream recall is pretty good, I can remember at least 2 of my dreams I have a night. I used to never to be able to remember them, and yes, I write them down.

I tried WILD a few times, and it almost worked I think but then my mom came into my room and turned on my lights. WBTB I have tried many times, but it hasn’t worked. Yet.

Now, I wanna start doing reality checks. Well, rather, I HAVE started doing reality checks. However, I have a horrible memory it seems. Before I go to school, I think to myself, “Alright, remember! Every time you go through a door, you will preform a reality check!”. Buuuttt I forget. I even tried writing ‘Reality Check!’ on my palms and knuckles, since I draw a lot, I’d be looking at my hand a lot. But I forgot about that too.

So I want to ask you, do you guys have any ideas you help me remember to do reality checks?

Right now, I’m thinking ‘Every time you leave and come back to your computer, you will preform a reality check’, since I’m on the computer a lot. But I’ll probably forget that too.

Most of my dreams are becoming very vivid though, lately. Is that a good sign? :content:

Emotions are a big thing when it comes to getting to do something new, so if you put too much pressure on it, doubts will arise and it won’t work (basically, saying you’re forgetful both hinders your ability to remember and brings you a ready excuse to justify your forgetfulness).
Instead, abilities like the capacity of remembering to remember (called perspective memory) are better trained without emotional strain on them, so you can objectively get to learn them without the obstacles the conscious mind puts up.
Just remember, every ability, from physical strenght to agility to memory to self-confidence, can be trained with success.
Just use triggers that are not dreamsigns (ie. seeing a bird, eating an apple) and resolve to do something funny when you first do experience the trigger, like touching your nose with an elbow; that way it’s way easier to remember, even if you forget during the day (and you will, and have to). Take confidence with practice, then take on with confidence to the tasks of your concern with ease ^^

A better way to realize you are lucid is instead of doing RCs, try lucid living It might work better for you

Hi Roxas. Welcome :wave:

As Tosxychor said, emotions are really important. Try not to get too frustrated by not having a lucid dream. Maybe, as you go to bed at night, tell yourself that your first LD will be a big surprise! I might happen tonight or maybe tomorrow night, or in a week. But tell yourself it’s ok if you don’t have one tonight. I’ve tried a few times saying something like “I will have a lucid dream tonight… but no pressure!” :lol: It really helps to keep a “light mood” towards it.

Another thing, if you got close to WILD you should try it some more! It can be a tricky technique, but every time you try it you get a little closer.

Good luck :content:

EDIT: maybe I was a little off topic, sry. :shy: I don’t think I can help you with your RC remembering problem… I can’t remember myself!! I only do RC’s when I randomly remember to in the day, see something really weird or to be sure I’m dreaming after I’ve gotten lucid :smile:

Hmmm…Thanks, you guys :spinning:

I’m gonna try WILD again tonight. Here’s to hoping it goes well, and if it doesn’t, maybe another time ^-^

Well, sadly, it didn’t go as planned. I tried WBTB last night but I forgot to switch my alarms button from ‘off’ to ‘on’ so that didn’t go too well…lol…

I’m going to try a combination of WILD and WBTB tonight. I’m gonna go to bed around 10 or 11…

Good luck! :smile: and remember that WILD can be a tricky technique for some people, so if it doesn’t work you can always try some of the “easier” techniques sucha as MILD or FILD.

It didn’t work! I also tried WBTB (I went to bead at 8 ) but I couldn’t get to sleep! I was literally up until 1 x_x

Also, scuse my noobness, whats FILD?..

Fild is finger induced lucid dream. https://community.ld4all.com/t/fild-tutorial/27224

Stay patient. And if WILD or WBTB doesn’t work for you, you’re probably like me. Maybe try experimenting with different techniques.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I’ll try this tonight :spinning:

Remember you have to be relaxed in order to get to sleep, especially at times that aren’t your ordinary bedtime.
Exitement is for the day; at night, you must stay calm and be confident of your success instead, without any active participation in it (or it’ll keep you awake)

I’m always relaxed at night =]

FILD didn’t work. But I’m going to try it again tonight.

I just do them randomly up to 10-20 times per day. I suggest counting your fingers, works perfect for me :smile: