I'm having trouble just remembering my dreams???

Hey to everyone in this thread.

This is my first post and I have only just started in my quest for lucid dreams.

I also have problems remembering my dreams and have read all of the tips in this forum and in the “Starting” section.

I have tried to start remembering my dreams for two nights now, but haven’t had any success.

I was wondering if what position you sleep in has any effect on your dreaming, or remembering your dreams. I sleep on my stomach, hugging my pillow, but sometimes wake up on my back.

Any responses would be much appreciated.

I don’t think there’s any effect. Some say, though, that recall is best when you haven’t moved yet from the position you woke up in. Similarly, recall is best with your eyes cstill closed, etc.

I’ve never had much trouble remembering dreams
You could set an alarm to wake you up in the night at different times and you might remember them better
I find the more sleep I get, the more vivid my dreams are but after 10 hours in bed it sort of ruins the rest of the day

Just stick with it and your recall will improve. In the morning write down anything you remember even if it is just a fragment or a feeling. At bed time remember to tell yourself that you want to remember your dreams in the morning. I Also agree that waking yourself 1 or 2 times per night may help you.

Good luck to you and don’t give up.

As far as weed goes, I know for a fact that it radically decreases memory for 3 days - week after you smoke it. Additionally, consistent use has been shown to permanently affect memory. Bottom line: it would be best to abstain from toking up for ~3 days if you’d really like to recall all of your dreams.

There is already a huge topic about marijuana in the BIG Marijuana and LD topic