im not started yet but i have a question

is it possible your lucid dreaming AND sleap walking if you know what i mean…
and another question :razz: lets say you wanna go to an concert can you then lets say magically letting an concert appear?

thx

Sleep walking + LD: Hehehe, could be possible, but i doubt it. :bored:

Magically letting an concert open: Of course! It’s your dream! Everything and anything s possible! :smile:

It is extrememly unlikely, as we are paralysed whilst we sleep.

So don’t worry about it :wink:.

It’s when that paralysis fails when people sleepwalk. So I guess it’d be possible but probably it’d be just like a normal LD to you. Can’t say really. I’ve never sleepwalked to my knowledge.

is it possible to lets say make an concert in stages like
you wish your in an empty concert-arena then you wist a big mosh-pit and then a band…

it will be cool then :razz:

It’s already answered above. Anything and everything you can think of is possible whatsoever.

If you wish to transform yourself, do so by all means! It’s as possible as though you would use magic!

I’ve never heard of it happening though, so there is no point worrying about it.

It’s when that paralysis fails when people sleepwalk. So I guess it’d be possible but probably it’d be just like a normal LD to you. Can’t say really. I’ve never sleepwalked to my knowledge.
[/quote]

Actually, sleep walking happens in a completely different stage of sleep than the one dreams usually occur in. So I don’t think you can LD and sleepwalk at the same time.

Ok, good to know. I thought sleepwalking happens when the mechanism that prevents people from acting out their dreams is malfunctioning. I’d be happy to know more about the physiological/psychological mechanisms of sleepwalkin, if that’s not too much off-topic. :wink:

To clear up some confusion. It is theoretically possible to LD and sleepwalk at the same time. Most LD’s happen during REM, while we are definately paralysed. But some happen during non-REM phases, and this is where sleepwalking takes place. Sleepwalking in itself probably still is a disorder though I’m not sure what causes it.

Its’ theorically possible, but I’ve never heard that someone woke up from his LD in his kitchen, or broke his leg on the stairs during a LD. :wink:

That is because sleepwalking is relatively rare, and so is lucid dreaming in nREM (considder that most have around 5 LD’s a month or so). So for those to coincide, a miracle would have to happen indeed :smile:.

No, sleepwalking happens during deep sleep (where the body isn’t paralyzed), while most LDs happen during paralyzed REM sleep. However, people with a so-called REM-sleeping disorder will have a decreased paralysis during REM. So technically, a person with that REM-sleeping disorder might be doing something which resembles sleepwalking, IF he does something similar in his LD, like for instance lying on a dream bed, then get up slowly and walk through the house. Since his paralysis irl has decreased dramatically, he might be acting out more or less the same thing irl. To other people he seems to be sleepwalking, but if you’d wake him up, he probably won’t be as confused as when you’d wake up a genuine sleepwalker. He even doesn’t have to be a natural sleepwalker to do this. Just a good LD control and a little technique might do :wink:

You mean delta sleep (nREM phase 4) ??

Yes. That’s why people are often confused when you wake them up :smile: However, it can also occur during sleep phase 3.

It seems that people with REM sleep trouble cannot act entirely their dream. They gesticulate or fall out of their bed. It’s not really like sleepwalking.

I’ve another theory (just a theory though :wink: ) about the fact that nobody said he had sleepwalked and dreamt lucidly in the same time. IMO, there are 2 sorts of n-REM LD’s:
In the first sort, it’s not a very realistic lucid dream, much more like thoughts or HI. You’re looking things passively in third person. So you don’t move.
In the second sort, it’s OBE-like. So you’re desembodied and you have to enter in a dream body which you know it’s not your physical body: don’t you find it curious that you always have the feeling of going out of your physical body, like you possibly have 2 bodies? I suppose it means that your sensations are disconnected from your real ones, so that you can’t sleepwalk.

So if that’s right, either dream, even if you were lucid, wouldn’t be like a REM dream anyway. I think it’s unlikely you’d sleepwalk and have a ‘normal’ REM like lucid dream without waking up anyways, even if it were possible to dream that way in nREM sleep.

Exactly, we are disconnected from our outward senses. Thus consciousness is totally dependent on out inner neuromatrix, which creates the “going out of body feeling”, when we have sleep/WILD - OBE’s. I suppose that in general, together with SP, this prevents us from acting out our dreams.

Woooow… THAT’S expert talk! :eek:

Thanks for clearing things up. I’ve read some neuropsychology during my studies, which is part of why this interests me. :smile:

What Basilus West said about the REM disorder sounds reasonable to me. Most people with that disorder probably retain some SP so that what comes through to their bodies isn’t powerful enough to cause more than separate, non-coordinated gestures.