Instant Lucidity (works for me)

I tried this last night. I set my alarms for 4AM and i manged to wake up at 3:59. Then i tried to visualise the dots, somehow my visualization appeared as a 4 sided game of pong. I watched the pong wondering wen i’d go into my dream but then i lost control as well as consciousnes and descended into a dream about metroid prime 2. However during this dream i was almost conscious feeling and is the closest i think i’ve ever been to being lucid.

This technique sounds wonderful! I am going to try it. :yay:

As a noob to all the techniques for LDing, i figure i might as well try this one out. I am just experimenting with everything though.

It sounds pretty good. I can’t think of any really good patterns so I guess I’ll just try random ones. ^~^

I’m lazy about LDing even though I shouldn’t be, so the easier the better. Even though the hard ones would probably work better for me, I’m too lazy. I keep thinking that I’ll try WILD, then at night, I either get too scared of the SP/old hag, or just too bored to continue doing what I’m doing. Well, whenever I think… “I’m going to do a WILD/MILD/whatever this night!” then it takes me forever to get asleep. :shrug:

I’m gonna try this tonight, hope it works. When you visulize the dots as shown here comteche.com/free-image-host … 346114.swf do you see them in your mind’s eye as if you look at this web page or just think about it? And I usually fall asleep in like 40 minutes I think, somewhere around there. Would that make me a heavy sleeper or a light sleeper? <_<

I think that makes you a light sleeper… err, I think…

oOoOoOoOo… I really must try this! :smiley:
It sounds very interesting, XD I hope that everybody gets good results with this O___o It’s so simple, it’s great XD

Good luck everybody~

Yeah. Thanks by the way. I wonder how long I must do this visualisation before I dream lucid. I think 15-30 minutes or so. :smile:

Hotrootsoup wonders if anyone liked his flash cartoon about dots!

We’ll yeah. I thought it was nice and handy. :grin:

It was a nice animation but I think it was moving too fast. Maybe a notch or two slower might do the trick. :content:

That is true indeed. For me personally that animation could be slower too. But the picture shows very good what you must visualise off course. :content:

sounds great i will have to give it a try tonight!!! :smile:

how long do u have to visulize for…cuz i did it for about 8-10 minutes last night and it didnt work…also do u have to be sleepy to do this or u can do it any time u want???

I have an extremely hard time concentrating on one thing for long periods of time, unless I’m completely interested in it.

Ditto.

Do you think it’d work if you focused on a noise instead of an image? Cause I find it hard to visualize things, but any sound I could sorta loop in my mind instead. Think it would work?

Good question, I’m the same way, I can play songs and stuff in my head all day. I actually usually never take an ipod or anything with me on trips because I can listen to it in my head. Hopefully that doesn’t sound crazy.

This does work–I do it. But what happens with me is I get excited, or maybe just nervous about what’s going on, and I lose it. I need practice. This only works if you’re tired, though. And for me, that’s rarely the case.

Lol don’t worry it’s not crazy, I can do it too :content: