Interesting Dream Interpretation

So I just saw a video talking about how animals represent habits in our dreams, and that killing them could mean your subconscious is telling you to drop a habit.

I smoke cigarettes, and have been for 3 years. Just 2 nights before seeing this video, I had a dream where I was in the same place where I usually smoke most of my cigarettes throughout the day, and I believe I was smoking one at the time too. A lizard ran up and tried to bite me so my reaction was to grab it by the throat and squeeze until I thought it died. It fell to the ground and began to cough up blood and I felt instant remorse for what I had done. It crawled over and died in the ashtray.

So not only did this happen while smoking, and where I always smoke, I killed it by cutting off its breathing. This is a clear sign that I need to quit immediately. Is it normal to be not only scared but extremely shaken up from that dream? I can’t describe how bad I felt the second after killing it.

Should I take this seriously? This was a normal dream by the way.

well it’s a good idea to give up smoking anyway … it is really bad for your long term health… but you probably know this already and that is why your subconscious presented you with this dream?
BTW Siiw pointed out the fact that it was a lizard and your username is Lizard King :eh:

That is an interesting coincidence. Makes me wonder what those bears that are always after me could represent.

In all honesty Lizard King I would take it as a warning and quit. :sadyes:

I quit two years ago and it was a very liberating experience. Not having to always carry fags and lighter about and of course you save money. Always a bonus. :content:

Listen to the lizard. :ok:

Haha…Jim Morrison has come to me in a dream! I do plan now on quitting very very soon…just have to set a date and be prepared to bite off all my fingernails, and chew up everything else in the house as well. Also gotta be prepared for probably a week with no sleep until I finally snap and run all the way to the gas station and smoke the whole pack at once.

:cry: ARGH quitting is intimidating! I don’t know if I will be able to…I have SUCH an addictive personality. :help:

There is an older topic in lounge Trying to quit smoking
you could post in that and get support from forum members while you quit :happy:

Thanks, I will start posting there once I begin my two weeks of hell. I’m thinking I might start on Monday.

Good on ya Lizard King. It is intimidating you’re right and any help you need support wise I’m here for you to yell at k?

Also Jim Morrison :grin: :boogie: :bow:

Hehe…thanks, I’ll definitely be posting about it when I start. For personal reasons I may make a blog-like thread for the first two weeks which are supposed to be the worst.

Jim is awesome. :smile:

And dream dictionaries say that me seeing people stealing cars all the time means that I am insecure.

I’m not in any way. I saw someone steal a car last year.

I’d say this:

The only person who can interpret dreams is you.
Everyone else is BS.