Is Lucid dreaming safe or can it mess you up?

I just wanna lucid dream, not a OBE.

My WILDs are exactly the same and I tell ya what. It aint no OBE.

It has never been proven that anyone can actually leave their body. The main reason for people calling them oobe, is because they found it so vivid that they thought it could not have been a dream. Is all about what your own belief here… 70% of my WILDs start just like how people describe an oobe. I lay in bed, slip into SP with the so called vibrations and all and then either walk or float out of my body. But i know this is not real and that i was infact entering a dream without losing consciousness.

If you believe in OBEs but don’t want to have them, Maybe you should to something other than WILD.

I think OBE are kinda strange, I don’t think I would try one of these.
Anyway, if you are LDing, it’s just an LD, and not a OBE, maybe OBE do not exist, if they exist, most are false ones.

If you believe that there are sort of demons in LD’s that can make you die, LD’ing is not entirely safe and it can even make you get slightly paranoid. This happened many times (though not on this forum in my knowledge) and the cure is not to believe that there are demons and evil entities. Once people who believed that they were attacked by evil entities in LD’s were told that it was just a dream, they experienced no more problems.

Apart from that, LD’ing is safe.

Sorry if this was said, I stopped reading at this post

I’m afraid to do an OBE period because I KNOW that there a ghosts in my house and if my astral body is wandering I think I might see them, wich is not something I’d like to do, I’d rather not see them, and I’d rather they not effect me in ANY way.

Too late for that, they already effected you by making you scared to do OBEs, so you might as well try it.

“I think one of my FA’s was actually an OBE though, because when somebody woke me out of it I felt like I just hit the ground… HARD, I didn’t feel the pain of it, but I know the feeling, and that’s what I felt”

That’s not an OOBE, i know people that always get this feeling when waking up and I read something about it, i forgot what it was all about but it said something about a trigger in your braing goin off as you wake up or something so you have a sense of falling or hitting the bed.

OBE and ld’s are 2 totally different things, ld is just realising your dreaming, while obe’s are leaving your physical body, and entering the astral plane with your astral body, ive obe’d and lucid dreamed many times, and both seem totally different, plus when i want something to appear in an obe, or change the enviroment it doesnt happen unlike ld’s

That’s not a good proof, because if you believe it’s an ‘oobe’ then you won’t expect to be able to change the enviroment, and even if you try you won’t. Constantly people are saying they have trouble changing things in their dreams, and it is often because they expect it not to work because it didn’t in the past.

And how can you leave your body anyways? Your body is a part of you. You would not BE you otherwise.

we dont have 1 body, we have several, although its hard to belive, just read this v-j-enterprises.com/rbruce2.html
and besides if obes are dreams, and if they arnt who cares? belive what ya wanna belive and thats that.

the very first obe i had, i thought it was a dream, i tried changing things i tried making people appear, it didint happen… at that time i did not know what an obe was.

Sorry I don’t believe in anything, my life goal is to understand reality. This is why I stay out of the ‘Beyond Dreaming’ sub-forum :razz:

Let’s just agree to disagree, since it’s againts forums rules to try and change peoples beliefs anyhow, and I don’t like to argue and make enemies!

well thats your choice, and i respect that, i dont really like to argue either! :smile: