Is OOB unsafe spiritually? My intro into OOB and LD...

i disagree… i’m not saying what adam did was easy, but to put him on a pedastal as being more powerful than people of today is what i would say is really stretching it. he was an ordinary man put in an extraordinary circumstance… and he did something extraodinary no doubt… but i’m not satisfied that there aren’t persons today that could’ve done the same thing

=> toadstool, excellent post. i agree that the creation story at least has to be a parable and not actual events (i’m not gonna speculate on the entire OT since i haven’t read it all) so comparing adam to us isn’t really a useful comparison (supposing it’s even possible)[/list]

There really is not a lot I can add to this topic except to tell you to go with how you feel about it. At the beginning of this thread you said it helped you renew your faith. You felt good. Then it seams like you did research. You read things form different religious scholars and now you are unsure of your self agin. The problem is that cleric’s are like lawyers. You can put the same words in front of them and get two different interpretations. In stead of looking out ward. Look inside your self for your answers and do what you feel is right.

Good Luck

Again, thanks to everyone’s input. I’ve basically decided to trust my gut instinct on OBEs. I’ve already prayed and asked for either His full support on this ability or just to “put the stopper” on it completely depending on His will.
If I feel the “vibrations” coming on, I will not deny them but I will not actively try to induce it either. They seem to happen that way anyway.

Besides, I thoroughly enjoy the pursuit of lucid dreaming and will concentrate on that because I have zero conflict in that area.

That sounds like a good solution for you. Good luck. :smile:

Happy Dreaming

i concur :yinyang: (you know… like from Catch Me If You Can… ahhh nevermind :tongue: )