Is this a real technique?

Quick question: Is there a technique which involves waking up 10-60 minutes after you fall asleep or before you normally wake up because that’s when I have the easiest time falling back asleep and entering very vivid dreams?

Obviously, it doesn’t matter because it’s just whatever works best for each individual person, I’m just curious.

I have never heard of such a technique, but whatever technique you use, the main thing is that it works for you and that you believe in it!

In general, I sometimes find that dreams from the first half of the night, if you can remember them, are much more interesting and unusual in feeling, so you can experiment with this, but I don’t think it will work well for everyone. In any case, I’d be glad to know if it works out for you :wink:

WBTB (wake back to bed) is a very well known technique that works. But it’s definitely about waking up before your last sleeping cycle. So it’s not about waking up shortly after going to sleep. I don’t think this is going to be useful.

The late dreams of the night (or rather early morning already) are in general longer and more vivid so it should be easier to achieve lucidity in them and the quality will usually better at this time of sleep.

I think on average the dreams at the beginning of the night are drawing from more recent experiences and those in the latter half are based on older experiences, too. This is a very vague rule and you’ll find lots of exceptions but I find it does apply quite regularly. That’s why content wise I prefer those of the second half more, usually.

But as for the feeling I can understand why you like the older dreams of the night. They do have something mystic about them at times, like fleeting memories of a former life or something like that :hmmm:

2 Likes

I’ve yet to lucid dream, or even vividly fream, even though I’ve been trying for 2 months :frowning: